Author Topic: A few mods to the GTI  (Read 4125 times)

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Re: A few mods to the GTI
« Reply #10 on: 14 September 2022, 21:12 »
Looks great Jason and I agree with Watts, gloss black would be my choice and maybe a matching black roof wrap…  :cool:
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 14 September 2022, 21:12 »
Yeah I’m thinking gloss black would tie in with the other gloss black parts

Online watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 16 September 2022, 10:53 »
Evening guys, decided to fit the Golf R performance pack rear spoiler lip and then take her out for a drive and a few pics.

Cheers Jason

Can i please ask on where you purchased the TCR Side Skirts, what's the likely cost of these and are they easy enough to fit.

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 16 September 2022, 18:00 »
Hi, I purchased the tcr side skirts direct from vw, you need both the side skirts and also the mounting strip located behind them. To fit you need to remove the existing skirts and mounting stip ( assuming you have a gti) you also need to re drill the new mounting strips on as the fixing points don’t line up with the existing. The installation is reasonably straight forward though as once the mounting strips are fitted the bottom part of the skirt clips into the sill underneath and the top edge is stuck to the body with the pre fitted 3M tape. Tha bad news is the price though, mounting strips and skirts work out at £1054

Cheers Jason

Online watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 16 September 2022, 20:34 »
Hi, I purchased the tcr side skirts direct from vw, you need both the side skirts and also the mounting strip located behind them. To fit you need to remove the existing skirts and mounting stip ( assuming you have a gti) you also need to re drill the new mounting strips on as the fixing points don’t line up with the existing. The installation is reasonably straight forward though as once the mounting strips are fitted the bottom part of the skirt clips into the sill underneath and the top edge is stuck to the body with the pre fitted 3M tape. Tha bad news is the price though, mounting strips and skirts work out at £1054

Cheers Jason

Thanks for the info.

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 17 September 2022, 17:45 »
I bought some cheap gloss black mirror caps off eBay to try, fitted them today and grabbed a couple of pics.I will source some genuine ones or have my original white ones sprayed black now that I can see what they look like. I would keep the cheap ones on there but the fit is not all that great on the side of the mirror closest to the window. Probably me being too fussy

Cheers Jason

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 17 September 2022, 22:55 »
They really suit, great choice!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 18 September 2022, 15:11 »
Very nice Jason!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 18 September 2022, 18:01 »
Thanks guys