Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788655 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7680 on: 27 November 2017, 16:47 »
Audi.....stuff and things.

So glad I am not the only one that prefers the interior to the Golf. It was the deal breaker for me when I was looking at them as I would never be happy sitting inside the Audi. Plus not sure why but they make me travel sick when driving the A3?!?!?

Same here, I was going for an A3 but neither my OH or I liked the interior. Especially the silly pop up screen. Just something to go wrong.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #7681 on: 27 November 2017, 17:31 »
Went to put the winters on the R wagon and got thwarted by a locking wheel and seems the 12v has given up the ghost, gave it a quick one over and booked into the dealers

Putting the winters on the R more door was less eventful

Do you mean a locking wheel nut or the wheel was stuck on? When I put my spacers on the rear wheels were really hard to get off, had to give them a fair few hits with a rubber mallet.

I took my locking wheel bolts off 2 years ago and just used a normal bolt after I had trouble getting one off after the garage over tightened one - had to bash an old socket over the top to get it off after it stripped - thankfully the last one!

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #7682 on: 27 November 2017, 17:33 »
Its getting colder so I put the winter wheels and tyres on

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7683 on: 27 November 2017, 18:43 »

Looks really good :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7684 on: 27 November 2017, 18:56 »

Looks really good :smiley:

Agreed. White GTi, black alloys, red calipers. It's a good look.
7.5 GTD

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7685 on: 27 November 2017, 22:02 »

Looking good for winter wheels  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7686 on: 27 November 2017, 22:07 »
So in 4k miles I've now had 2 punctures... Both been rears, 1st one was too close to edge but they agreed to repair it but this one.. New tyre needed so had to get a Bridgestone as wanted everything matching. God knows how a screw gets right on the shoulder like that, almost in the sidewall!

Anyone else found punctures happen frequently on the Golf or is it just bad luck? I had my C Class 2 years and 20k miles and not 1 puncture.
« Last Edit: 27 November 2017, 22:08 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7687 on: 27 November 2017, 22:41 »
It's surely just bad luck.

I had 2 punctures on my first car that I only did 20k miles in. I had a puncture on my next car (Golf Mk5) when it was only 2 days old. I had another one a couple of years later, but haven't had any for about 10 years now (until tomorrow, now i've tempted fate)!
7.5 GTD

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #7688 on: 27 November 2017, 22:46 »
Do you mean a locking wheel nut or the wheel was stuck on? When I put my spacers on the rear wheels were really hard to get off, had to give them a fair few hits with a rubber mallet.

It is a locking wheel nut issue which I do not want to force, the VW dealer can do that but, some key shapes are better than others from my VW history.

I use copper grease, i think using spacer or spigot rings without it is a school boy error which i have only done once

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #7689 on: 27 November 2017, 23:04 »

It is a locking wheel nut issue which I do not want to force, the VW dealer can do that but, some key shapes are better than others from my VW history.

I use copper grease, i think using spacer or spigot rings without it is a school boy error which i have only done once

I think it’s to easy for garages to over tighten them with the air gun thingy - they should be torqued up by hand - but time is money I guess.