Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2789134 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1670 on: 06 February 2015, 10:20 »
Had two screws taken out of the o/s rear, ironic really, last day on site yesterday, never had a puncture in 2 years, left with two lol
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1671 on: 06 February 2015, 11:08 »
Had two screws taken out of the o/s rear, ironic really, last day on site yesterday, never had a puncture in 2 years, left with two lol

Don't you just hate that, been there, i only ever take the Polo to site given its tyres are cheaper and has more ground clearance

Generally nowadays its if i go to the tip

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1672 on: 06 February 2015, 11:20 »

Don't you just hate that, been there, i only ever take the Polo to site given its tyres are cheaper and has more ground clearance

Generally nowadays its if i go to the tip

Annoying it was my first day in the office as ive always been on site, not exactly the best impression to make rocking up at 10 but I kept the screws as proof  :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1673 on: 07 February 2015, 17:15 »
Well, my alloy footrest turned up from the supplier in China and as a bonus, no import it VAT payable (result).

I was fearing it would look a piece of junk but to be honest, it's really well designed and built and looks very OEM with good quality plastics and metal.

I'll fit it later today and post up some pictures etc to see how well it fit etc.

Fingers crossed. I have ordered one of these too !!  :shocked:
Mine turned up yesterday. First impressions are very good. I agree with Sootchucker, the quality seems very good and seeing as it will be fitted lower down I think you would be hard pushed not to know that it wasn't a genuine part  :smiley:
Thinking of ordering this footrest myself, can anyone confirm that it will definitely fit a manual car?
Should do. I think the footrests are the same in manual and DSG. My current GTI is a manual so I will fit it at the weekend and let you know and take a couple of photos if you like.
I am planning to fit it to a DSG R hopefully  :wink:

Yes. It does fit a manual car

One word of warning though. You do need to shave quite a bit off of the two locating lugs underneath. It looks like they are not part of the moulding but add ons afterwards. Sootchucker mentioned this too. Apart from that it fits very well. Recommended  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 07 February 2015, 18:10 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1674 on: 07 February 2015, 17:39 »
I think  i'll be gettiing one of those footrests and a front/back dashcam for the R in May. In the meantime, i'll have to "de-sh!te" the GTD (the boot has a lot in it) tomorrow so I can hand it over to the Mill car clinic for its repair.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #1675 on: 07 February 2015, 17:57 »
Well, my alloy footrest turned up from the supplier in China and as a bonus, no import it VAT payable (result).

I was fearing it would look a piece of junk but to be honest, it's really well designed and built and looks very OEM with good quality plastics and metal.

I'll fit it later today and post up some pictures etc to see how well it fit etc.

Mine turned up yesterday. First impressions are very good. I agree with Sootchucker, the quality seems very good and seeing as it will be fitted lower down I think you would be hard pushed not to know that it wasn't a genuine part  :smiley:
Thinking of ordering this footrest myself, can anyone confirm that it will definitely fit a manual car?
Should do. I think the footrests are the same in manual and DSG. My current GTI is a manual so I will fit it at the weekend and let you know and take a couple of photos if you like.

Yes. They do fit a manual car

One word of warning though. You do need to shave quite a bit off of the two locating lugs underneath. It looks like they are not part of the moulding but add ons afterwards. Sootchucker mentioned this too. Apart from that it fits very well. Recommended  :smiley:

Where did you buy this ?

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1676 on: 07 February 2015, 18:06 »

Where did you buy this ?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-RHD-VW-Golf-7-MK7-Seat-mk3-footrest-pedals-Car-pedal-Cover/32218031571.html

Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1677 on: 07 February 2015, 18:10 »
Filled it with some tesco 99. 28.3 mpg calculated and actually had 33 mpg on a 90 mile return journey. Pretty happy with that and lots of fun too.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #1678 on: 07 February 2015, 18:12 »

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Where did you buy this ?
[/quote]
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-RHD-VW-Golf-7-MK7-Seat-mk3-footrest-pedals-Car-pedal-Cover/32218031571.html
[/quote]

Thanks
« Last Edit: 07 February 2015, 18:15 by 182_blue »

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1679 on: 07 February 2015, 21:55 »
Took it for a dry down to Canterbury and realised B7 RS4 really aren't all that  :grin: