Author Topic: Panel Beater Recommendations (who have experience with MKVI Golf GTI's)  (Read 6483 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Dear All

The neighbour's scaffolders who are working on the front of their house have added a couple of small dents to my car. They denied it was them. I asked them if they were sure. They said yes. I produced CCTV footage. I paused it in the right places. 'Oh, it was accidental, he didn't realise he'd hit the car'. I pressed play. The scaffolder goes over to my car and is seen inspecting the damage. Still sure?

After he tried to persuade me to send the car to his mate Barry who is a top notch panel beater, I pointed out that the courts would be more than happy to send me to a panel beater of my choice on the irrefutable evidence I produced.

Would appreciate any recommendations from any of the MK6 owners who have had any work done by London based panel beaters. Front left wing has a small dent and back right wheel arch has another ding where the flat pressing of the wheel arch meets the contour leading up to the C-pillar.

Anger at the damage countered to a degree by their reaction at being completely nailed by CCTV. Paid for itself on the first time of asking.

Thanks in advance of any recommendations.

Alex

« Last Edit: 15 February 2011, 23:09 by The Doc »
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Dear All
The neighbour's scaffolders who are working on the front of their house have added a couple of small dents to my car. They denied it was them. I asked them if they were sure. They said yes. I produced CCTV footage. I paused it in the right places. 'Oh, it was accidental, he didn't realise he'd hit the car'. I pressed play. The scaffolder goes over to my car and is seen inspecting the damage. Still sure?
After he tried to persuade me to send the car to his mate Barry who is a top notch panel beater, I pointed out that the courts would be more than happy to send me to a panel beater of my choice on the irrefutable evidence I produced.
Would appreciate any recommendations from any of the MK6 owners who have had any work done by London based panel beaters. Front left wing has a small dent and back right wheel arch has another ding where the flat pressing of the wheel arch meets the contour leading up to the C-pillar.
Anger at the damage countered to a degree by their reaction at being completely nailed by CCTV. Paid for itself on the first time of asking.
Thanks in advance of any recommendations.
Alex

Alex,

I am so sorry about this. Utter carelessness and disrespect.

May I suggest you go to a VW Bodyshop which is conveniently located to you.

I use ARC, Park Royal. John Ford is the Manager. Tel No 0208 961 8961
http://www.arclondon.co.uk/
They are good people and will rectify any mistakes without any quibbling. Your car will also be well cared for with no additional damage being incurred.

However, if the paint surface is not broken then the best person is Martin Leach, The Dentman. He is the best of the best. No doubt. Tel 07774 812 512
http://www.dentman.co.uk/google.html?gclid=CMmw2f2Si6cCFcoe4QodiR39dg

I moved my car away from my house last week as the house next door but one has scaffolding with monkeys climbing all over.

Asker
« Last Edit: 16 February 2011, 16:23 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Sorry to hear this but made up you have the footage showing both damage and inspection by said twits. Why can't people be more careful and also just do the right thing when they have done wrong?

Charlie
Uniform
November
Tango
Sierra

Offline Lewy

• I live here
A panel beater who has been used on a Mk6?

A panel beater with a good reputation is what you are after, regardless of marque/make/model.

Try Paynes Body Technik in Iver, outstanding work, and many VAG showcars have been through their doors.

http://www.paynesbodytechnik.co.uk/Contacts.html

Offline AGB

• I live here
Thanks Asker, I'll give them a look see.

Doc, yep, eloquently put. Just wait till I YouTube the footage and buy a Google keywords campaign against their business name.  :grin:

Offline AGB

• I live here
A panel beater who has been used on a Mk6?

A panel beater with a good reputation is what you are after, regardless of marque/make/model.

Try Paynes Body Technik in Iver, outstanding work, and many VAG showcars have been through their doors.

http://www.paynesbodytechnik.co.uk/Contacts.html

Thanks mate, I will look them up. It was a veiled attempt to keep out of trouble with the mods as there were a couple of the guys who have had work done and were happy with the results.  :smiley:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport

Doc, yep, eloquently put. Just wait till I YouTube the footage and buy a Google keywords campaign against their business name.  :grin:

You tube now, let's see the buggers  :grin:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Like amw1 has already said try one of the dentmaster or similar companies. I have seen these guys perform minor miracles on cars.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)

You tube now, let's see the buggers  :grin:

No straight to the gallows for them.

Get them to errect the gallows in scaffolding  :evil: :grin:

« Last Edit: 16 February 2011, 14:30 by MAW73 »

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Why bother Martin, AGB can just shoot them! :cool:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP