Author Topic: Nearly crashed this am.... but what have i done to my steering?  (Read 1956 times)

Offline SarahD

• Here all the time
was going down the a19 this morning at maybe 90ish, yes i know i was speeding, dont need the lecture, but anyway, a HGV pulled out on me, without warning OR indication  :rolleyes: and i slammed the anchors on... skidded and caused a fcukin lot of smoke...

anyway.....

i sorta clipped the kerb a bit with back wheel when brakes locked up  :cry: theres nowt on the rim at all, and it all looks straight.... but now my steering is vibrating like fcuk when i get to about 45mph

is it tracking or have i damaged something?

ps cant get car tracked cos its too low and apparently ive got negative camber on one side  :rolleyes:

Offline Flying Custard

• GTI forum regular
  • Follow that 200sx...
Fcukin hell sass... anyways, it won't be the tracking but prob should get it sorted along with the camber!!!  :rolleyes:

Could have warped the discs, had u been getting ur brakes hot before the truck pulled out on ya?! Does it vibrate under braking?

Mat

P.S. Atleast this didn't happen: http://www.wimp.com/bus/
« Last Edit: 18 May 2005, 14:07 by Flying Custard »

mix

maybe the wheel has become unbalnced, you could have knocked off one of those little weight thingys....

Offline SarahD

• Here all the time
its not when braking its whilst driving, but could it be tyre flat spotting from the skid when the brakes locked? i mean there was shed loadsa smoke like if u did a burn out

pretty damn impressed at how fast they stopped me actually considering im still on standard brakes  :shocked:

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
wishbone or one of the drive shafts tbh.

Offline SarahD

• Here all the time
driveshaft? theres no clunking at all

im gunna change wheels over this afternoon see if it stops

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
Flat spotted tyres during skid.

Now means tyres or not actually round, but have a flat zone slightly larger than the contact size.

Vibration will reduce as tread wear evens again.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline tinman

• I live here
Flat spotted tyres during skid.

Now means tyres or not actually round, but have a flat zone slightly larger than the contact size.

Vibration will reduce as tread wear evens again.

^wot he says

Veedubgt18v

^ yeah and wot tin says he says :tongue:

not constructive i know but hey.......

Veedubgt18v

Fcukin hell sass... anyways, it won't be the tracking but prob should get it sorted along with the camber!!!  :rolleyes:

Could have warped the discs, had u been getting ur brakes hot before the truck pulled out on ya?! Does it vibrate under braking?

Mat

P.S. Atleast this didn't happen: http://www.wimp.com/bus/

did you see the blatant boy racer! didnt even stop! ohmygod!