Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 289580 times)

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #200 on: 19 June 2009, 10:41 »
I'm not sure what to think yet , the time of the announcement last night leaves all day today for the money men behind Spanky to get nervous and ask him to do one.

I'll wait til tomorrow before i get too excited.

EDIT : http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=46161

see what i mean , $$$$$ will win the day.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2009, 10:43 by monkeyalan »

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #201 on: 19 June 2009, 11:16 »
I just think it's a cunning plan to get rid of Spanky Mosley  :rolleyes:

And that won't be before time - he's had it his own way for way too long. However I did have some respect for him back in 1994 - he deliberated didn't go to Senna's funeral so he could go to Roland Ratzenberger's as he did not want Roland to be forgotten. Some class showed there. Shame he hasn't shown much since!  :laugh:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #202 on: 19 June 2009, 11:26 »
You never know Mosley might pick up where his father left off  :lipsrsealed:

Offline bomp

• Here all the time
« Reply #203 on: 19 June 2009, 14:36 »
Well it's the fault of the FIA itself mostly and not just Mosley surely? One person making all the rules up all by himself seems a bit odd.  :undecided:

I'm quite excited about it realy  :laugh: hoping it goes all t!ts up for FIA  :evil:  I mean, getting teams to sign unconditional contracts, forcing them to spend untold £££££££'s because of new conditions introduced, and in some cases stepping backward in terms of track/driver/team saftey, intead of progressivley introducing new conditions for the better of the sport.

The teams arguements for the contracts are more than valid, as the FIA keep changing the goal posts, and if it does go t!ts up, I'm sure the teams will be sending armys of solicitors at FIA.
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #204 on: 19 June 2009, 16:02 »
A short time ago they were saying that Ferrari is F1 and now legal action, fecking pathetic  :rolleyes:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #205 on: 19 June 2009, 16:03 »
What a shambles!

Nick

Offline gjroe78

• I live here
  • http://shop.ebay.co.uk/mattroe2007/m.html
« Reply #206 on: 19 June 2009, 16:03 »
It's never gonna happen and if it does it won't last long, all the circuits that host the F1 have said they are staying with F1 so find enough world class circuits to hold the races at ??? Then you have sponsors that are tied to F1, the FIA are looking like they don't want it to happen either and without their backing they have no chance of breaking away
<br /><br />+ a 1.8T Bora Sport(R-Tech\'ed to 213bhp)

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #207 on: 19 June 2009, 16:06 »
Disgraceful!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #208 on: 19 June 2009, 16:26 »
It's never gonna happen and if it does it won't last long, all the circuits that host the F1 have said they are staying with F1 so find enough world class circuits to hold the races at ??? Then you have sponsors that are tied to F1, the FIA are looking like they don't want it to happen either and without their backing they have no chance of breaking away

They're a plenty of circuits fot for F1 that don't have any ties with the FIA. Silverstone and Monaco to name but 2.

The FIA also hold no copyright over the F1 name onlt the "FIA F1 World Championship" so you could easily have "The FOTA F1 World CHampionship".

Also a lot of contracts witht he FIA expire this year for things like TV rights and advertising and apparently FOTA have already been in to discuss arrangement for a new champ and have been doing so for some time. Lastly many TV contracts have a get out clause along the lines of the Italian TV station which can severe their contract if Ferrari are no longer running.

The FIA have their back well and truly against the wall and this legal action and the delaying of the entry list for next year just shows how desperate they are.

Sad really. All they have to do is drop Mosely off a cliff give the teams 80% of the revenues instead of giving most of it to Bernie and the whole issue would be solved.

nick

VW BUSH

« Reply #209 on: 20 June 2009, 00:32 »
All this just when BBC got it back and dumped all them Shoddy adds
and put in some decent coverage.
Could you imagine SKY getting hold of F1/Fota, pay per view advert filled Sh@*e  :angry: