Author Topic: gti r line rear  (Read 3023 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
Re: gti r line rear
« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2008, 15:33 »
oh, haha then :p

thing is, spraying whats already colour coded to black seems the odd way round... reqal shame it doesnt come off as a second part.

someone ought to do a stick on panel, that fits over the original, that way when you dont like it anymore you can remove the old one and go back to standard

....OSIR already do. Available through the TTshop 01234 853 225 (you can mention my name).

I would add though that such a part needs to be very well stuck on! So, future removal would not be likely to be easy :nerd:

« Last Edit: 18 May 2008, 15:35 by RedRobin »
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2008, 15:36 »
i may be wrong but that wont go on an edition 30 will it ?, i was meaning a panel for the edition 30

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2008, 15:43 »
....Sorry I missed an Ed30 reference.

Unfortunately, no - It won't fit the one-piece Ed30 rear. Hurdy went through this and there's a long thread about it if you do a Search.

One of the Iceland Ed30's has a black painted section :-

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2008, 15:45 »
yeh my first post in the other thread mentions it, thats where the question came from, perhaps a vinyl wrap could be done ?
« Last Edit: 18 May 2008, 16:09 by 182_blue »

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2008, 15:59 »
yeh my first post in the thread mentions it, thats where the question came from, perhaps a vinyl wrap could be done ?

....Yes, as I just said, I missed it - Apologies!

It's up to you of course but vinyl could be really nasty - Heat from the xzorsts, bubbles, and that assumes you could get it on successfully.

Offline SteveS

• I live here
  • GTI ED30
« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2008, 16:03 »
see how much better does that ed look!
SteveS

ED30: Carbonio Intake & Filter | Blueflame TBE | Ebach Sportlines | Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert | Forge DV | REVO Stage2 [353BHP/360lb/ft]

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2008, 16:04 »
yeh my first post in the thread mentions it, thats where the question came from, perhaps a vinyl wrap could be done ?

It's up to you of course but vinyl could be really nasty - Heat from the xzorsts, bubbles, and that assumes you could get it on successfully.

yeh true, never thought of the heat

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2008, 16:29 »

yeh true, never thought of the heat

....My Milltek quads get very hot and spit a lot of carbon. I don't actually know how hot the valance/exhaust-trim gets itself but I know there's plenty of hot action in that general area.