Author Topic: It's good to be back...  (Read 2486 times)

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
It's good to be back...
« on: 28 December 2023, 14:12 »
So after selling my Orxy 3Dr GTI last year and moving into an Up GTI, I've had that itch to come back to a golf. I've loved every minute of owning the Up but the reality is the lack of comfort and space has become a bit tiresome as of late. After getting a dog last year it became apparent very quickly just how small the car actually is.

So today I've just put down a deposit on a 2020 Black GTI Performance pack, mega spec on the car including Dynaudio and pan sun roof.

If anyone here is the previous owner of a black 5dr with the reg ending in VLU make yourself known. Your old car is going to a good home!

Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: It's good to be back...
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2023, 16:50 »
It's hard to go down car sizes. The climate windscreen looks good against the red accents on the black, you might need to change your username to Black5dr though.

Just so you know ahead of time the front windows are tinted, looks like the forgot the front triangle windows too...
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2023, 18:19 »
Looks mega, welcome back! Black might be a bit of a challenge to maintain but it certainly looks good :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2023, 19:34 »
It's hard to go down car sizes. The climate windscreen looks good against the red accents on the black, you might need to change your username to Black5dr though.

Just so you know ahead of time the front windows are tinted, looks like the forgot the front triangle windows too...

It is, I really did want to make the up work because I love the car, it’s the most fun I’ve had in a car but at some point comfort has to take priority.

Also sadly I couldn’t seem to change my name so I might have to remain as a homage to the first Golf 😂

Yeah the window tints I’m a bit 50/50 on, looks great against the black car but does look somewhat drug dealer for my tastes.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2023, 20:41 »
It is, I really did want to make the up work because I love the car, it’s the most fun I’ve had in a car but at some point comfort has to take priority.

Also sadly I couldn’t seem to change my name so I might have to remain as a homage to the first Golf 😂

Yeah the window tints I’m a bit 50/50 on, looks great against the black car but does look somewhat drug dealer for my tastes.

I tried it briefly myself with a dedicated work car through a 1.2 Leon and a 1.0 Fiesta, then I realised the golf is luxury in comparison and has better mpg  :grin: Were you lucky enough to get the lovely suede interior?

I agree just a tad too dark, light smoke would look well but then it comes down to do you want to possible hassle that comes with the territory.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2023, 20:51 »

I tried it briefly myself with a dedicated work car through a 1.2 Leon and a 1.0 Fiesta, then I realised the golf is luxury in comparison and has better mpg  :grin: Were you lucky enough to get the lovely suede interior?

I agree just a tad too dark, light smoke would look well but then it comes down to do you want to possible hassle that comes with the territory.

Sadly no suede interior but I am a sucker for the standard cloth, I really wanted a red one and was looking at a cheaper one but it had no spec on it at all. This one was a bit more money but worth if for the options in my opinion.

Definitely going to be a keeper this one, I'm usually one for modifying but I think some spacers and possible exhaust is as far as I'll go with this one.

Looking at grabbing the VW All In plan but I think sometimes this does go on sale?
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 December 2023, 16:39 »
Spec makes the car imo, all interior options are nice just depends how often you spill things determines which is best!

Definitely needs an exhaust with the gpf models.

You won't get the All-In plan if you modify the exhaust (ask me how I know), so take it out first before the exhaust then you'll at least get some parts covered.

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2023, 09:46 »
Going to try and enjoy the car as standard for as long as possible. Any mods I want to be OEM+. I’ve been guilty in the past of spending too much on mods and then being unwilling to spend more to remove them before sale so trying to learn my lesson this time  :grin:

Likely going to go for a TCR back box and a simple res delete for the exhaust.
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 08 January 2024, 14:11 »
Picked the car up on Friday afternoon and haven't stopped driving it since! The interior is such an improvement over my previous Mk7, I do miss the childish DSG farts from the DQ250 box however the new 7 speed is so slick!

First little interior mod done at the weekend as well, £20 aluminium paddle shifters from Amazon, bargain! A far sight better than £170 from Racingline!!!

Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2024, 10:49 »
I'd been on the hunt for a spoiler but couldn't find one for sale on the used market that I liked the look of and also didn't want to spend £200-£300 on a genuine TCR one  :grin:

Took a chance on a £20 eBay special and I am genuinely impressed, the fit is 90% perfect!

Sold - 2019 Up GTI