Author Topic: Burgundy VR6 - Project Colour Code! NOW SOLD!!!  (Read 208782 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Burgundy VR6 - Project Rainbow!! Complete Strip Out!
« Reply #220 on: 19 November 2010, 09:26 »
Cheers guys, scrap that idea...was a sh!t one..

Going to get some CL lights and tint them completely red, see how that turns out :cool:

Cool, let me know how that goes as I think all red is the route I want to take with mine.  never sure how the light output will end up... I know reverese lights can't be right for a start but interested how the amber shines through?

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #221 on: 19 November 2010, 11:15 »

Going to get some CL lights and tint them completely red, see how that turns out :cool:

Cool, let me know how that goes as I think all red is the route I want to take with mine.  never sure how the light output will end up... I know reverese lights can't be right for a start but interested how the amber shines through?

Indicators shine red unless you put green bulbs in i believe :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #222 on: 19 November 2010, 11:41 »

Of course, that makes sense... good tip...  :cool:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: Burgundy VR6 - Project Rainbow!! Opinions needed..!
« Reply #223 on: 19 November 2010, 14:09 »
Right basically as you can see i'm going for a white theme in the engine bay..

I'm thinking of getting Polished Strut Top Caps, Strut Brace, white Samco Hoses. All the white you see now on the engine bay and the above caps and brace will be powder coated white. I'm wondering if there will be too much white?

The VR6 - DOHC and Vw badge will be burgundy and the HT lead holders will be gloss black.

Opinions please!  :smiley:

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #224 on: 19 November 2010, 17:31 »
The top caps and maybe the strut brace too would be cool but I think the samco hoses would be too white. White in the bay looks best when contrasted against other colours. Liking the rocker cover in white :afro:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #225 on: 19 November 2010, 17:45 »

In practise that really doesn't work.

By the time you've got red and green tint, you get orange but it's just dangerously dim.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #226 on: 19 November 2010, 17:49 »

In practise that really doesn't work.

By the time you've got red and green tint, you get orange but it's just dangerously dim.

all depends if you use standard or upgraded bulbs  :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #227 on: 19 November 2010, 19:45 »
all depends if you use standard or upgraded bulbs  :smiley:

yeah with any tint i've always up'd the bulbs.  :smiley:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #228 on: 19 November 2010, 22:18 »
The top caps and maybe the strut brace too would be cool but I think the samco hoses would be too white. White in the bay looks best when contrasted against other colours. Liking the rocker cover in white :afro:

+1  :smiley:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #229 on: 20 November 2010, 12:18 »

+1  :smiley:

Cheers guys, the hoses will be coming last anyways. The others will be going on soon!  :smiley: