Author Topic: Got the sack today !!  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: Got the sack today !!
« Reply #10 on: 03 May 2012, 19:04 »
It costs a business a lot more thro agencies as the hiring company pays the agency a fee then has to pay the person also but I guess thats why business's go thro agency as they can hire and fire when they choose...

Yes they pay a fee but they don't have to pay employer NI, holiday pay, sick pay, pension, redundancy etc

My company charge the employer am on loan to £35 an hour but it works out cheaper to keep me on loan than what it would be to take me on the books. And if work drops off your gone can't do that with full time employees.
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 03 May 2012, 19:06 »
Tell them you fell down last step coming down the stairs at home ;)

Bit late!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #12 on: 03 May 2012, 19:45 »

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #14 on: 03 May 2012, 23:25 »
How did it graze your ankle?

Were you not wearing correct PPE?
In other words did your "correct" protective footwear not cover the ankle? Because it should!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline 01664gti

• I live here
  • mk3 hatch mk3 wagon and mk2 16v
« Reply #15 on: 04 May 2012, 00:06 »
Hey Len i was just carrying it and went bend down when it slipped from my hand and missed my leg but got my ankle.No the boots were not high enough just below where my knock is.

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 04 May 2012, 09:56 »
How did it graze your ankle?

Were you not wearing correct PPE?
In other words did your "correct" protective footwear not cover the ankle? Because it should!

iirc it dooesent have to cover your ankle unless said in site ppe standards. quite a few people wear i work wear safety boots that go to just below ankle.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2012, 10:15 »
Tell them you fell down last step coming down the stairs at home ;)

I did this at work once, not fun going in to A+E to say you fell down the stairs! :grin:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2012, 13:22 »
iirc it dooesent have to cover your ankle unless said in site ppe standards. quite a few people wear i work wear safety boots that go to just below ankle.

Thats safety shoes then not boots :tongue:

The footwear should be suitable to the job you're doing not the site minimum as highlighted in the risk assessment for the job.

At my site there is many different types of boots I can wear depending on the job am doing. If Im not wearing the correct ppe and I get hurt I wouldn't be aloud on the site again. Same goes for gloves, head protection, eye protection etc Ive got a tool box full of all the different ppe I can wear during the day depending on the jobs am doing.
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...