Author Topic: Best Independent for work on MK7 CSS  (Read 456 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Best Independent for work on MK7 CSS
« on: 06 May 2024, 21:28 »
Hi All

I posted a few years back (yeah, thread resurrection) looking for a great indie to service my CSS. The kind of place that does work properly and gives peace of mind.

I ended up having to take it to VW main dealer around the last time I posted as I couldn't justify a 400 mile round trip. I'm based near Cambridge so if anyone has any suggestions, be grateful for any recommendations.

I had thought of heading over to APS in Brackley, have an excuse to be in that part of the world. Does anyone have any views on them?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
Re: Best Independent for work on MK7 CSS
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2024, 13:26 »
Google reviews seem pretty good

70 4.9 star reviews on Google for APS, good reviews on Pistonheads too.

If you are based in Cambridge, Quattro Tech Cambridge 130 5 Star reviews?

Not used either myself, but I would either supply my own VW/trusted parts or check they do the same.

« Last Edit: 07 May 2024, 13:39 by EB2019 »

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2024, 14:49 »
Hi All

I posted a few years back (yeah, thread resurrection) looking for a great indie to service my CSS. The kind of place that does work properly and gives peace of mind.

I ended up having to take it to VW main dealer around the last time I posted as I couldn't justify a 400 mile round trip. I'm based near Cambridge so if anyone has any suggestions, be grateful for any recommendations.

I had thought of heading over to APS in Brackley, have an excuse to be in that part of the world. Does anyone have any views on them?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

I've always been happy with the work I've had done at Quattro-Tech St Ives, and they're an honest bunch of guys. They have a few branches

Offline Peter_booker2003

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2024, 08:40 »
Hi All

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Have used the guys at APS for some work in the last few years and always been impressed. Ed is always on the case and have always been great in getting problems sorted. My TCR is heading there for some work tomorrow actually.