Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 382739 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1180 on: 18 August 2012, 14:51 »
Test drove a 120d M sport today and sadly i wasn't as impressed as i was hoping tbh :sad: seems very well built but a couple of things bothered me, like when the steering wheel is at it's highest (which isn't very high) you can't see the display at the bottom of the dash  :huh: The drive was very nice if not a little bit twitchy and it has a nice supple ride, not too hard or soft with the standard suspension and run flats which was a nice surprise. My biggest issue was the size, it's still too small inside and the 120d engine was gutless! :cry:

All in all a very nice car just not for me unfortunately. :sad:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1181 on: 18 August 2012, 17:29 »
A friend of mine has an immaculate red mk1 GTE he's had it as long as I've had my mk1 GTI since 1990.
Really like his car and only astra model I like.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1182 on: 18 August 2012, 20:04 »
Test drove a 120d M sport today and sadly i wasn't as impressed as i was hoping tbh :sad: seems very well built but a couple of things bothered me, like when the steering wheel is at it's highest (which isn't very high) you can't see the display at the bottom of the dash  :huh: The drive was very nice if not a little bit twitchy and it has a nice supple ride, not too hard or soft with the standard suspension and run flats which was a nice surprise. My biggest issue was the size, it's still too small inside and the 120d engine was gutless! :cry:

Should have driven the 125d ;-)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1183 on: 18 August 2012, 20:12 »
went to look at the gt86 yesterday

lovely looking motor in black - the other colours they had looked  :sick:

i actually found the interior quite nice which i didnt expect as alot of reviews say its gash.

i didnt find the driving position very good though - as with most jap cars and my 6ft 4 frame i cant get the wheel up and out far enough

i was going to get a test drive but decided it was pointless. pluss £27500 with metalic paint and sat nav is a joke
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Jimmymature

« Reply #1184 on: 18 August 2012, 21:29 »

Gutless! It's gpt more power and torque than the GTD and I supposed to be quite nice, you sure you didn't have the 118D?

Jim

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1185 on: 19 August 2012, 11:14 »

Gutless! It's gpt more power and torque than the GTD and I supposed to be quite nice, you sure you didn't have the 118D?

Jim

Nope! Definately the 120d,  i was quite surprised how weak it felt tbh and if the GTD is anything like it then i'm glad i went for the GTI! :evil:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #1186 on: 20 August 2012, 09:18 »

Should have driven the 125d ;-)

125d with Doc like tuning....I was very impressed with one such beast.

For me though the steering wheels and switchgear felt like the type of plastic they make stacking chairs out of.  Thus in no way make me want to open up my premium wallet with my premium level wonga in it for the premium(?!?!) work horse.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1187 on: 23 August 2012, 10:28 »
The F30 M Sport isn't to shabby either in Estoril Blue  :wink:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1188 on: 23 August 2012, 12:09 »
^ Wonder what one with red leather looks like.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1189 on: 23 August 2012, 12:36 »
The F30 M Sport isn't to shabby either in Estoril Blue  :wink:

Exactly what I should be ordering in the next 6 months, albeit only a 320d, still a nice upgrade for the Leon :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect