Author Topic: ADC Sensor  (Read 11796 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: ADC Sensor
« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2013, 21:30 »
Just found some information in the Self study manual on the Radar sensor. At least it looks like the glass piece is removable, however as it also contains a heating element, it's not going to be cheap to replace (assuming you can even purchase it on it's own) ?

Current price on ETKA for the whole device is £926.10 inc vat   :shocked:

The plastic front cover bit is £2.41  :smiley:
Ah its plastic?  That makes much more sense.

Offline andyflowers

• Just got here
« Reply #21 on: 03 November 2014, 19:25 »
I was wondering if anyone has had a broken sensor yet?
My mk7 golf gt has just been diagnosed by vw as requiring a new acc sensor which they can fit for the princely sum of £1330!
Anyone had experience of a diy fix for this if its only the sensor cover that needs replacing?
Any help much appreciated as they can do one for their £1330!!!!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 03 November 2014, 20:33 »
I was wondering if anyone has had a broken sensor yet?
My mk7 golf gt has just been diagnosed by vw as requiring a new acc sensor which they can fit for the princely sum of £1330!
Anyone had experience of a diy fix for this if its only the sensor cover that needs replacing?
Any help much appreciated as they can do one for their £1330!!!!

Is this not a warranty issue? How was it damaged?

Offline andyflowers

• Just got here
« Reply #23 on: 04 November 2014, 20:12 »
The garage said the sensor has been damaged by road debris-a large stone or something!
I refused to pay the money to get it fixed and told them I would leave it broken as over £1300 is a bit steep for me justify!
Anyhow they came back to me today and said they could reduce the price to just under £1000 as I am a good customer!
I still refused as no way I am paying that out on an 18 month old car!  I would rather drive without the acc for the sake of a grand!
They then came back to me later today to say good news - between them and vw they have agreed to repair it free of charge for me!
Good news for me but can't help wondering how many people could be parted with that sort of money if they don't put up an argument and just let them get on with the job???