Author Topic: xenons..  (Read 2309 times)

Offline ian007miles

• I live here
Re: xenons..
« Reply #10 on: 29 January 2008, 16:40 »
hi dinx i brought a xenon light convertion kit from r-tec auto design fitted them on my mk1 gti(1983) but they didnt work propley (1 side kept flickering) so i took them back got another set and that done the same so wen i went and took that set bach they rang the manufacture and they said that somthing in older cars interfears with the balist box(the little black box that converts the power) so unfortunatly they do make them for a mk1 but they dont work propley. hope this helps .ian
Agu|k03s|forge 007 dv|forge boost pipes|forge water pipes|forge tip|forge kona cold air intake|milltex 3" down pipe sports cat|milltek cat back exhaust|r-tech custom remap 238bhp and 235 torque

Dinky

« Reply #11 on: 29 January 2008, 19:23 »
Oak...they are the way forward and if your going to get blinded anyway...you might as well do the blinding also :grin:

Thanks Ian...bit gutting that they manufacture them but haven't sorted out the niggles..
What was actually in the kit, if you can remember?

Thanks

Dinx :kiss:
« Last Edit: 29 January 2008, 19:25 by Dinx »

Offline ian007miles

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 29 January 2008, 22:28 »
 2 xenon bulbs, 2 balist units and all the wiring needed
Agu|k03s|forge 007 dv|forge boost pipes|forge water pipes|forge tip|forge kona cold air intake|milltex 3" down pipe sports cat|milltek cat back exhaust|r-tech custom remap 238bhp and 235 torque