Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 383121 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1410 on: 01 November 2012, 20:25 »
I don't think I've seen a positive post from about your car since I've been here, you need to get rid sharpest as it must be winding you up a treat :laugh:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1411 on: 01 November 2012, 20:39 »
Hes said good things in person just imo for the way he uses the car and drives it, its not the right car for him.
Suffering from poor dealer service departments since day one won't of helped.
I understand most of his gripes to date.
« Last Edit: 01 November 2012, 20:41 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1412 on: 01 November 2012, 21:00 »
t be honest ive come to the conclusion that its not a drivers car so treat it as such now and was going to wait until it was financially less painful to part ex it

the problem is though that i dont thrash the car, ive usually got babies in the back so drive vary carefully and on good roads and treat the car really pedantically and it still rattles its arse off.

i really cant see how this is a great 'everyday' car when every day i drive it its sounds like the interior is trying to rattle itself to pieces. its the worse car ive ever owned for build quality.

today i was very close to just driving to the nearest dealer and asking them to just buy the thing back of me!

im going to jave to just cut my losses i think and get out of this car and into something else...

the weird/sad thing is no matter how much it does my head in or i hate it when i drive it im always in a rush to spend a day cleaning it. :undecided:
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1413 on: 01 November 2012, 23:05 »
My mates looking for a TDI 140 BHP his Budget £6000,500 ? Would be able to get one for that kind of money ? :undecided:

TDI140 what?

ie Golf 5 or 6 or yeti or tiggy?
Golf Doc  :undecided:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1414 on: 01 November 2012, 23:54 »
My mates looking for a TDI 140 BHP his Budget £6000,500 ?

Wow thats a  lot of money 6 million 500 hundred pounds :grin:

I'll get my coat  :whistle:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1415 on: 02 November 2012, 08:14 »

I thought that but then Steve does go to Thailand so maybe it's in Baht?? :evil:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1416 on: 02 November 2012, 08:50 »

looks like the price of the mk7 GTI
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1417 on: 02 November 2012, 10:08 »
and it still rattles its arse off.

i really cant see how this is a great 'everyday' car when every day i drive it its sounds like the interior is trying to rattle itself to pieces. its the worse car ive ever owned for build quality.

today i was very close to just driving to the nearest dealer and asking them to just buy the thing back of me!

im going to jave to just cut my losses i think and get out of this car and into something else...

the weird/sad thing is no matter how much it does my head in or i hate it when i drive it im always in a rush to spend a day cleaning it. :undecided:
Can understand that.
 My 7 year old leon does not rattle yet the GTI which im actually currently using(shock horror yes im using it!) does and has done from since it was about 6 months old. If i fix one rattle it just starts somewere else.
Dont think i will buy another poorly engineered new VW product again.  :embarrassed: Which is something i find sad to say.  :sad:
« Last Edit: 02 November 2012, 10:12 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1418 on: 02 November 2012, 10:25 »
t be honest ive come to the conclusion that its not a drivers car so treat it as such now and was going to wait until it was financially less painful to part ex it

the problem is though that i dont thrash the car, ive usually got babies in the back so drive vary carefully and on good roads and treat the car really pedantically and it still rattles its arse off.

I'm with you on this one pal, I was very disappointed in my gti.

I disliked:
The road noise was the worst car I've had for that.
The engine wasn't good enough in any way, standard map was crap, it's was lumpy, to far forward, and rubbish on fuel making you guilty when you booted it and still wasn't fast enough for the mpg.
Front wheel drive was daft too much wheel spin and embarsasing banging noise when it span.
Stereo was pants sounded rubbish and couldnt be turned up load enough to compensate for the road noise with out distortion.
The bulk head leaking and causing ice on the inside of the windscreen, again embarsasing.
The fact that a gtd was basically the same speed.
The price, it was just £5000 to expensive, they had it right in 2005 when it was £20,000. My 61 plate was basically the same car, some say a little better than the mk6.
The standard non xenon head lights are just dangerous to drive fast with at night, If I remember we figured out that a walker at the side of the road wouldn't be seen until you where about 30m away, not much chance of stopping for that when your enjoying your gti. This means you need to spend £1300~ on xenons which are ace but about £500 too expensive. Not fair.
Bridgestone tyres are dangerous.
The part exchange price, I lost £6750 in 7 months on a car thats supposed to hold its money.

It looked boss, in every way inside and out.
The mk6 dash is lovely to look at and felt great, until you get down past your knee level but that's fine.
The ride was great but I had magnetic suspension in comfort all the time, sport was useless.
The monza wheels are just the best looking wheels you can buy, and should be at £400 each.
I liked my dealers.
The dsg gearbox was near perfect and is something I use as a benchmark when driving cars, I loved it and think it made the car for me.
I liked the touchscreen headset and nav and the Bluetooth was nice to use. Bought off  here for £500 not from the factory for £1600~
40mpg at 70mph was very good.
Led tail lights where lovely.

By the way, that's just me and my car, it's not a dig at your car or your taste or needs or wants. It just wasn't for me, i think it wasn't my worst car but was deffonatly the one I was most disappointed in and I couldn't wait to get out of it. I think a golf r was maybe the car for me, more power 4x4 and dynaudio xenons might have kept me happy but they cost as much as the m135i and wasn't in my price range then.  Also when I had my mk5 r32 (which I loved for 3 years) everybody told me the gti was a better car. Not for me! Looks better though.

My tip is never buy a nice vw after you've had a nice BMW.

Each to there own. X

« Last Edit: 02 November 2012, 10:29 by Will@carbon »
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1419 on: 02 November 2012, 11:25 »

Renalts are far worse than GTI's. I have to say Ive had 5  including ED30 GTI's 1 mk6 GTD and non of them had rattles. Get it into the dealers sort it for you. :smiley:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf