Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785581 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7700 on: 03 December 2017, 12:22 »
I wouldn't want mine any lower than that.

Fine as it is.

🖒
7.5 GTD

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #7701 on: 03 December 2017, 12:23 »
Looks great, love the ride quality with the Eibach Pro springs.
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #7702 on: 04 December 2017, 16:49 »
As someone who actually has Sportlines (and BBS SR wheels) , that looks plenty low enough for me and your front end comfort is probably miles ahead of mine!

And 18s easily look big enough with it lowered.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #7703 on: 04 December 2017, 20:13 »
Thanks guys, had a good run on my way back from work across road surfaces of varying quality and really happy with look and feel. The test will be when my 19s go back on in the spring!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #7704 on: 05 December 2017, 07:06 »
Driving very fast...  :grin:

https://youtu.be/QAb4DeEjpV0
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7705 on: 08 December 2017, 17:15 »
Got home from a week away and 650 miles. Really impressed with the Michelin tyres, even with a semi-enthusiastic pull away from standstill at some lights when I'd been pushed into the wrong lane didn't enduce any wheelspin or tramping at an ambient 3C.

But,

1. Starting at motorway services today I got a high pitched buzz and all manner of warnings, ACC not working, tyres not at the correct pressure, ESC non functional plus warning lights and the handbrake wouldn't come on. I switched off, got out, locked, unlocked and switched on to the same high pitched warning but then everything was back to normal. Any ideas anyone? I might have imagined it but when it started it didn't sound like it was turning over on the starter as quick as normal, could the battery be weak what with the low temperatures?

And 2. The HVAC system is proving a bit annoying, set to auto (no AC) and the car is warm but there is cool air coming from the face level vents causing my right arm and hand getting really cold. Solved by switching the air to come on to the central vents so warm air can come out of them but then the system doesn't regulate the temperature very well and defeats the point of having the auto function. I never had this problem in my last car which you could pretty much set and forget. Is this just a quirk, do others have this problem or is it in the setting up? Or could the door seal be ineffective?

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #7706 on: 08 December 2017, 17:23 »
Got home from a week away and 650 miles. Really impressed with the Michelin tyres, even with a semi-enthusiastic pull away from standstill at some lights when I'd been pushed into the wrong lane didn't enduce any wheelspin or tramping at an ambient 3C.

But,

1. Starting at motorway services today I got a high pitched buzz and all manner of warnings, ACC not working, tyres not at the correct pressure, ESC non functional plus warning lights and the handbrake wouldn't come on. I switched off, got out, locked, unlocked and switched on to the same high pitched warning but then everything was back to normal. Any ideas anyone? I might have imagined it but when it started it didn't sound like it was turning over on the starter as quick as normal, could the battery be weak what with the low temperatures?

And 2. The HVAC system is proving a bit annoying, set to auto (no AC) and the car is warm but there is cool air coming from the face level vents causing my right arm and hand getting really cold. Solved by switching the air to come on to the central vents so warm air can come out of them but then the system doesn't regulate the temperature very well and defeats the point of having the auto function. I never had this problem in my last car which you could pretty much set and forget. Is this just a quirk, do others have this problem or is it in the setting up? Or could the door seal be ineffective?

Watts - were you using stop/start - I’ve been told by two very senior VW tech’s that the stop/start can trigger all sorts of warnings/gremlins when the battery energy level drops because of prolonged use of stop/start. I turn it off 98% of the time

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7707 on: 08 December 2017, 17:38 »
Thanks for the reply Eccie, I have the stop/start on all the time. On this journey apart from a bit of traffic at the start for which I don't remember if it stopped or not, the rest was steady A road followed by motorway for about 2 hours having rarely stopped. I shall definitely bear that in mind though.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7708 on: 09 December 2017, 11:45 »

But,

First one, no idea.

Second one, why do you not have the AC turned on? I leave mine on all the time and have done for 15 years or more.

As for the tyres, the PS4 tyres I fitted are so much better than the Bridgestone  so I can only think how much better the PS4S tyres would be.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7709 on: 09 December 2017, 11:49 »
Not today but yesterday I ordered a set of badge skins and my wife is buying me a revo map for Christmas.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17