Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785350 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6520 on: 04 May 2017, 22:24 »
Washed it.

Simply lovely.   :cool:

You were right, easiest wash, took about an hour to do it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6521 on: 05 May 2017, 09:14 »
Topped up the tyres with my Ring air compressor.  They'd all dropped a few psi since last time, rears more so than fronts.  Soon be time to replace the Conti 5Ps on the front, but am going to replace all 4 tyres at same time.   Looking at Michelin PS4S for a change after several years on 5Ps.  Have started saving!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6522 on: 05 May 2017, 13:58 »
Topped up the tyres with my Ring air compressor.  They'd all dropped a few psi since last time, rears more so than fronts.  Soon be time to replace the Conti 5Ps on the front, but am going to replace all 4 tyres at same time.   Looking at Michelin PS4S for a change after several years on 5Ps.  Have started saving!
It's a good job you have a big girl cave to store all the emergency spare tyres in  :grin:
The Michelins will certainly be a good choice of tyre to replace the Contis going from general glowing reviews of them.
Us Bridgestone wearers can only be envious!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6523 on: 05 May 2017, 14:22 »
It's a good job you have a big girl cave to store all the emergency spare tyres in  :grin:
The Michelins will certainly be a good choice of tyre to replace the Contis going from general glowing reviews of them.

Well I'll have 2 part worn Conti 5P's up for grabs when I make the switch - they were new on last Aug so will have about 5K miles on - cheap to a good home.  Shame you have 18's.  :tongue:

I'm really looking forward to trying the Michelins, after nearly 6 years of 5Ps.  Time for a change.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6524 on: 05 May 2017, 14:28 »
Not what I've done but got my road tax renewal. Was certain when I bought my car in December the amount was 135 quid so surprised to find out it's actually 150! The dealer only paid 70 odd quid for six months so unless the prices have gone up for old cars which I didn't think they had then something's wrong somewhere.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6525 on: 05 May 2017, 14:29 »

Well I'll have 2 part worn Conti 5P's up for grabs when I make the switch - they were new on last Aug so will have about 5K miles on - cheap to a good home.  Shame you have 18's.  :tongue:

I'm really looking forward to trying the Michelins, after nearly 6 years of 5Ps.  Time for a change.  :smiley:
If I had 19's I'd bite your arm off for them (not literally unless you'd cooked it thoroughly first) but alas I'm a reformed character now and roll around being deafened by 18" Bridgestones.
In fact I've come to love (loathe?) the S001's or whatever they're called so much that I've bought my second set in seven weeks...   :rolleyes:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6526 on: 05 May 2017, 14:34 »

If I had 19's I'd bite your arm off for them (not literally unless you'd cooked it thoroughly first) but alas I'm a reformed character now and roll around being deafened by 18" Bridgestones.
In fact I've come to love (loathe?) the S001's or whatever they're called so much that I've bought my second set in seven weeks...   :rolleyes:

It's like Stockholm Syndrome with tyres.  You've spent so long with them, you've come to think they are good.  :grin:

I'll flog my tyre cast-offs to someone less psychologically damaged.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6527 on: 05 May 2017, 14:41 »

It's like Stockholm Syndrome with tyres.  You've spent so long with them, you've come to think they are good.  :grin:

Well, I got a free gift with the set I just bought.

I would say "hold them for me in your girl cave for a bit" (actually that sounds a bit wrong but you get my drift) just in case I accidentally buy a set of 19" wheels, but on balance I think I'd rather you sold them to someone else and then I can concentrate on hoovering the carpets instead of looking at wheels on the interweb.

A set of Bridgestones is a bit like penance. I deserve punishment. (actually that sounds a bit wrong too, I think I'll just shut up now)  :lipsrsealed:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6528 on: 05 May 2017, 14:53 »

Well, I got a free gift with the set I just bought.

I would say "hold them for me in your girl cave for a bit" (actually that sounds a bit wrong but you get my drift) just in case I accidentally buy a set of 19" wheels, but on balance I think I'd rather you sold them to someone else and then I can concentrate on hoovering the carpets instead of looking at wheels on the interweb.

A set of Bridgestones is a bit like penance. I deserve punishment. (actually that sounds a bit wrong too, I think I'll just shut up now)  :lipsrsealed:

Lol.

And what was the tempting free gift?  Was it cake, you know you have history with cake, lol. And isn't that why VW put those underseat drawers in!

Now you've said that about the tyres, I am going to hold them for you, so drop the hoover and start looking for some 19s.  In fact I have a third Conti 5P in the 'cave' which has about 6.5k miles on, so if you can find another part worn, that's the full set! 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6529 on: 05 May 2017, 14:58 »
Not what I've done but got my road tax renewal. Was certain when I bought my car in December the amount was 135 quid so surprised to find out it's actually 150! The dealer only paid 70 odd quid for six months so unless the prices have gone up for old cars which I didn't think they had then something's wrong somewhere.

Check your car's CO2 on your V5C, mine is 139 so just falls in the £135 bracket:

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/rates-for-cars-registered-on-or-after-1-march-2001

Yours must fall between 141 and 150. Or pehaps it includes a premium for installments?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.