Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785552 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1900 on: 25 March 2015, 17:54 »
I must admit Mme. B that I'd soec the Pretorias too, still.
The price of vanity eh?
C'est la vie

Cadiz is an odd wheel. There are never big debates as to whether Austins or Nogaros only suit certain colours, but with the Cadiz, I really don't like them on Lapiz, Reflex Silver or White Rs. They look good on DBP and OK on TR or NB.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1901 on: 25 March 2015, 18:43 »
The 19" Cadiz is standard spec here in Ireland. They do look a lot better in 19" form but I'm still a bit undecided about them. The diamond cut finish is also notoriously brittle of course.
The upgrade to Pretorias is just €130!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1902 on: 25 March 2015, 20:36 »
I really like the Cadiz especially in 19".
They're an evolution of the Talladegas and I was always a fan of those.

Austins look crap with all colours so no need for a debate!
Nogaros look great with all colours, again, no debate  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1903 on: 25 March 2015, 22:59 »
I can't quite figure out why so many people have it in for the Austins. I think they are absolutely spot on and I genuinely get quite a number of drivers clearly admiring them when they pull up alongside me at a set of lights.

To me they are far nicer than the old Monza's which looked sh!t. I much prefer the sharper Axe head look than the symmetrical dials.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1904 on: 26 March 2015, 00:33 »
Most of what I put up on here is pretty tongue in cheek Craig. I've spent too many years doing forums, vw shows, track days etc and come across too many car people that take it all far too seriously so I tend to keep it a bit lighthearted.

I actually quite like the Austins but wish they had more like a Scirocco offset so they filled the arches.

When I had my tyre blow out on Tuesday I put an Austin back on the car while I got my (aftermarket) wheel and tyre sorted.
Against the White car I thought the Austin looked pretty good actually and briefly thought about rushing in to the garage to find a 10mm spacer to see how it looked with a view to running the Austins with spacers for a while.
But then I realised my trolley Jack wheels were sinking into the Tarmac on my drive so just bolted the wheel up quick and lowered the Jack asap!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #1905 on: 26 March 2015, 19:11 »
I can't quite figure out why so many people have it in for the Austins. I think they are absolutely spot on and I genuinely get quite a number of drivers clearly admiring them when they pull up alongside me at a set of lights.

To me they are far nicer than the old Monza's which looked sh!t. I much prefer the sharper Axe head look than the symmetrical dials.
Iv'e not been the biggest fan and nearly changed them but they are growing on me a lot more and i think they look very good other than looking at them square on, plus i like them as its singles me out from the 50 GTD's i see  or possibly more for every GTI i see.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2015, 19:13 by carl1 »
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1906 on: 26 March 2015, 21:17 »
Anything that has a polished surface gets the thumbs down from me. I looked after my vancouvers  on my GTD but the white worm still got them in little bits here and there. That's what I liked about the pretorias no polished faces.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1907 on: 26 March 2015, 22:28 »
Last night used it as weapon of choice to go up to Brum and see the legend that is Nile Rodgers of Chic

Some positive comments on the R in the Mailbox car park regarding engine, intake and exhaust noise, car always gets a positive reaction at the forecourts

Got to exploit the revised Revo Stage 1 and cannot believe the delivery for a car with some code, really gets rid of that split second of dead pedal on the oem maps (noticeable on the wife's)

Managed to attract the attention of a tuned ST around some roads by me, being a gent i let him passed but gave him a little work out for a few miles, wonderful site of over run flames, soot, smell of brakes and clutch, i almost thought it was bonfire night :)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1908 on: 27 March 2015, 21:15 »
2nd service. All good.

I really missed my car for the day. Sad but true.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1909 on: 28 March 2015, 15:41 »
Cleaned, Polished and Waxed it.

Quite happy with the outcome.

It'll stay clean for about 15 seconds but when DBP is clean it looks amazing.