Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2782883 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9070 on: 19 December 2018, 15:25 »
Didn't realise until a recent thread that my May this year GTI didn't come with a service book as it's now all electronic.

So, purchased a new blank genuine book off the 'bay for just a fiver, and it arrived today. Took a photo of the type plate sticker in the user manual that came with the car, and a little bit of Photoshop later, voila !

I know it's not strictly needed, but I do like having a printed service record book, and whilst it's not had it's first service yet, thought now was the time to get it. Will get the dealer to stamp the book, which I know from past experience will be no issue.

You'll be looking for double din cassette player to fit next next!!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9071 on: 19 December 2018, 15:47 »
already tried my 1986 Kenwood APSS Dolby Digital unit with auto reverse, but it doesn't fit  ;D ;D

(for those that are too young to know what a cassette player was, google is your friend  :D )
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #9072 on: 19 December 2018, 15:55 »
added some tat

I have something very similar on my car, made by leyo. I think they add a little more interest to the cabin.
Same here, got these on mine (they look like the Leyo ones to me).  The pictures don't do them justice, they are high quality items and make the interior feel less Golf TSI and more Golf GTI.  Not to everyone's taste of course but that's great thing about life.  :wink:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9073 on: 19 December 2018, 16:40 »
added some tat

I have something very similar on my car, made by leyo. I think they add a little more interest to the cabin.
Same here, got these on mine (they look like the Leyo ones to me).  The pictures don't do them justice, they are high quality items and make the interior feel less Golf TSI and more Golf GTI.  Not to everyone's taste of course but that's great thing about life.  :wink:

It’s funny how views differ on these so wildly, I’ve never seen them in the flesh but they remind me of the ever popular Audi 12v socket covers, just a bit bigger in scale.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #9074 on: 19 December 2018, 17:22 »
They look great in the flesh and do go well with the Audi 12v cover. Mine are the Leyo Motorsport ones. Very well made and feel really good being solid metal. I'm sure not to everyone's taste but I'm happy.  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9075 on: 19 December 2018, 20:26 »
No comment on the 'bling', but get that power/volume knob the right way round.

Rule #14 "The logo on the power/volume knob should always be in the vertical position. Under no circumstances should the knob deviate from this position. Volume must only be adjusted using the buttons on the steering wheel. In the event of a mindless passenger trying to take control of the volume controls, instant correction must be carried out and the volume re-adjusted using the correct method. The passenger must then be made to understand in importance of this rule."

Absolutely  :laugh:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #9076 on: 19 December 2018, 20:33 »

Rule #14 "The logo on the power/volume knob should always be in the vertical position. Under no circumstances should the knob deviate from this position. Volume must only be adjusted using the buttons on the steering wheel. In the event of a mindless passenger trying to take control of the volume controls, instant correction must be carried out and the volume re-adjusted using the correct method. The passenger must then be made to understand in importance of this rule."

I thought the vehicle had to be stopped as soon as is safe to do so and the passenger asked to leave??
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9077 on: 19 December 2018, 20:35 »

I thought the vehicle had to be stopped as soon as is safe to do so and the passenger asked to leave??

That’s too polite. How about tied to the nearest lamp post and shot !!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #9078 on: 19 December 2018, 20:43 »
I'll be honest I don't spend any time looking at the volume knob when driving the R. I guess with the lower performance of the GTI you have plenty of time to take these things in  :tongue:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9079 on: 19 December 2018, 21:23 »
I'll be honest I don't spend any time looking at the volume knob when driving the R. I guess with the lower performance of the GTI you have plenty of time to take these things in  :tongue:

Excellent retort  :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.