Author Topic: Stereo wiring????  (Read 504 times)

Offline jafo

• GTI forum regular
Stereo wiring????
« on: 05 September 2007, 16:00 »
Hi got a slight problem with my golf, its a mk3 and the stereo earthed out and blew a fuse at the weekend it was a glass inline one which connects to the iso connectors, i then got one from halfords and replaced it still would not work although then i did plug the stereo in there was power to it to eject and put in cds but nothing else i did a miltimeter test and found constant positive although could not find switched positive, it has worked since but then i disconected it and re conected it and now it isnt working again for now i have put constant live to the switched live input and this means it works although i have to manually turn it on and off when i leave the car, does anyone know what i can do or what wire on the ignition switch i can cut into the make a new postive switched wire for my stereo please as it is really doing my head in, Thanks

Offline Simpson

• I live here
  • one day il learn
Re: Stereo wiring????
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2007, 22:58 »
there must still be a switched wire as part of the stereo loom keep looking with the multimeter, otherwise you could take a wire off the steering column? but i would only do this as a last resort.   :smiley:
i must buy a new car!

Offline jafo

• GTI forum regular
Re: Stereo wiring????
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2007, 08:16 »
Yea i know there should be a positive switched wire into the iso plug for the stereo loom but i cannot find it with a milti meter so i think there may be a break somewhere in the wire and thought it may be easier just to run another cable from the ignition switch? Unless there is a fuse or common problem for this that anyone knows about? Thanks for your help  :smiley: