Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61610 times)

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *03/03/13 le mans
« Reply #170 on: 22 March 2013, 17:40 »
Lucky sod! Black headlining will finish it off

Looking very nice   :cool:

Those new seats look great.

Cheers guys over the moon with them, really set the interior off. Will be doing the healiner pillars etc all black when it warms up a bit for the full anni look  :cool:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *03/03/13 le mans
« Reply #171 on: 22 March 2013, 18:15 »
22/03/13

Well Here I find my self again  :grin:. Even though ive been away on a 3 week block at college I still find myself buying things  :lipsrsealed: I think I have a problem.

Well, in the last 3 weeks the car has done over 1,200 miles  :shocked: getting me to and from college and bless her the turbo oil seals issues are really starting to show  :embarrassed: how ever she soldiered on and recieved fairly impressive 36mpg   :cool:

The car hasnt been washed in the last 3 weeks either so that was the first thing I did when I got home

So on my arrival home, I had lots of parcels waiting for me  :wink:

Seeing as its my 21st birthday next week thought id treat myself  :grin:

:cool:

Big shout out to Bill @ Badger-5  :cool: Finally ready for R-tech to play with stage 2+ mapping :cool:

Bumper is booked in for painting tomorrow morning literally cannot wait to get that on  :cool:

Hoping to get new turbo and manifold fitted this week then get myself booked in with R-tech again  :cool:, really curious What figures it will pull with their new tiv+ software
Anyone cawant to take a guess ? currently running 241 bhp & 258lbsft
spec

Low mileage K03s borgwarner
Forge actuator yellow spring
Badger-5 Ported manifold
3" turbo back decat non res draft 42 exhaust
Forge 007p
Devils own water methanol injection kit
Jetex CAI
welly cooler fmic 2.5" pipework

Comments & suggestions welcome

thanks for reading

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline brett

• I live here
Looking good mate ,you ever go to the dubgen meets ?

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Looking good mate ,you ever go to the dubgen meets ?

Cheers man, am thinking the us bumper will finish it off look wise  :cool:

Can't say I've ever been to a dubgen meet. I roll with dailydubs, have a look

http://www.facebook.com/groups/dailydubs/

we have our first meet of the year next weekend :smiley:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
29/03/2013

Well Ive had all week off so I thought Ide fit my new badger 5 manifold and recon K03s.

Up she goes

ALso gave her a service, synthetic quantum 10w40 oil oil filter fuel filter and cleaned sump out and cleaned/checked pick up pipe.

Money shot  :cool:

Set up Forge tip, Forge Actuator yellow spring 9psi waste gate cracking pressure, 3 turn preload, Badger 5 ported manifold

Now who can spot the problem  :lipsrsealed: was totally gobsmacked when i pulled it out  :lipsrsealed:

yep you got it  :lipsrsealed:

and to think I had this turbo off now long ago in this project to fit my forge actuator and it was immaculate.

Also got my GENUINE US bumper back from paint  :laugh: so so chuffed with the service, 4 day turn around, finish is fantastic along with the colour match to the rest of the car and only got charged £135  :cool:

surely worth some scene points  :drool:

And of course I got cracking and fitted it straight to the car and gave it a wash :smiley:

Now for some whoring

Comments and suggestions welcome, thanks for reading :smiley:
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 15:06 by Chris#101 »

Offline brett

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *29/03/13 Freshly back from paint
« Reply #175 on: 29 March 2013, 23:24 »
looking good mate  :cool:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #176 on: 30 March 2013, 09:09 »
WOW Chris :shocked:

Your projected has moved on leaps & bounds since I last caught up with it, I read thro the hole thing again to refresh my memory...  :laugh:

Must say its looking awesome, good to see you've upgraded your interior with the recaro's fella... :cool:

The only thing I wud add now to the exterior is a twin tailpipe as the single exit looks a bit naff compared to the rest of the car...and esp as your kicking out 230's...

But in all mate its a stunning car :cool:

Love that you keep on top of the cleaning(as im a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning my car)...bud as you know black is probably one of the hardest to keep looking great but probably the best when maintained and must say you do a awesome job... :cool:

Top work dude, keep it up! :cool:

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #177 on: 31 March 2013, 21:08 »
looking good mate  :cool:

Cheers man  :cool:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #178 on: 31 March 2013, 21:13 »
WOW Chris :shocked:

Your projected has moved on leaps & bounds since I last caught up with it, I read thro the hole thing again to refresh my memory...  :laugh:

Must say its looking awesome, good to see you've upgraded your interior with the recaro's fella... :cool:

The only thing I wud add now to the exterior is a twin tailpipe as the single exit looks a bit naff compared to the rest of the car...and esp as your kicking out 230's...

But in all mate its a stunning car :cool:

Love that you keep on top of the cleaning(as im a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning my car)...bud as you know black is probably one of the hardest to keep looking great but probably the best when maintained and must say you do a awesome job... :cool:

Top work dude, keep it up! :cool:

:grin: cheers for taking the time fella :cool: must say the last few months have been pretty full on  :drool: so pleased with where this heading. Would never of thought I would of spent this much on her  :lipsrsealed:

Owe bloody hell I can't bare seeing a dirty car on the drive drives me mad  :grin: especially with it being black its a nightmare to keep clean but the effort is worth it!

Cheers for the nice comments  :smiley:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #179 on: 07 April 2013, 14:12 »
07/05/13

Not an update as such just got a spare half an hour so thought I'd upload some pictures of my local clubs first meet of the year: DailyDubs

In other news the turbo hasn't stopped the oil burning issues on idle  :cry: although it was lucky I did change it when I did looking at the state of the old one that got pulled out :shocked:.

So I guess it's a lot more serious than I thought either valve stem seals or piston oil ring. How ever after ringing round a few places I've been getting quotes of £500+ without the guarantee of fixing it  :rolleyes:

So I really need someone's advice as to what I should do as its getting worse and worse and I'm doing a lot of miles  :lipsrsealed:.

The engine code is the later AUQ 180 ???