Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61621 times)

Offline MereKat

• GTI forum regular
Re: From Jap to Vag *13/01/13 The update youve been waiting for..
« Reply #150 on: 13 January 2013, 12:52 »
Looking very nice! Did I see this on DailyDubs a little while ago?...

Offline markallen

• Here all the time
  • AUM 1.8 20v Turbo 150bhp for now ;)
« Reply #151 on: 13 January 2013, 16:47 »
Just read this from page 1! Great work mate, looking really well. Keep it up buddy  :cool:
Golf Mk4 GTi Turbo, R32 front bumper, Lowered on ProSport Coilovers, Bora illuminated vents, Armrest, Heko wind deflectors, Aluminium vinyl trim.

Soon to be added, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Remap..oh and new turbo :(

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #152 on: 13 January 2013, 18:08 »
love them mate, need a bit of tyre shine though dude :P

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
« Reply #153 on: 13 January 2013, 20:29 »
Could have at least treated them to some decent rubber. Runway enduro   :sick: especially with all that torque.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2013, 20:32 by tshirt2k »

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #154 on: 14 January 2013, 17:49 »
Much better  :cool: just avoid pot holes  :lipsrsealed:

Cheers man, really has set the car off. Wheels really have been well over due  :grin:

Looking very nice! Did I see this on DailyDubs a little while ago?...

Thanks, taken a lot of hard work. You did indeed see it on daily dubs, I've been with the group since day 1
that's Andy who runs the group  :wink:

Just read this from page 1! Great work mate, looking really well. Keep it up buddy  :cool:

Thanks for taking the time to read it chap :cool:. Only a few minor things i want to sort cosmetic wise then il be happy :grin:

love them mate, need a bit of tyre shine though dude :P

Worth the wait then  :drool:? Absolutely live them thanks for tyre advise.... And just for you :wink:

Could have at least treated them to some decent rubber. Runway enduro   :sick: especially with all that torque.

This is the second set I've had now on the golf and I love them, brilliant in all weather conditions and good lasting, hardly a torque master anyway :grin:...

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #155 on: 14 January 2013, 20:14 »
wow how much difference does that tyre shine make ;)

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #156 on: 21 February 2013, 21:11 »
21/02/2013

Well I haven't updated this in a while, to be truthful working outside throughout the winter put a bit of a downer on the project as any spare time i had I just wanted to spend in the warm  :grin: however this has lead to a few exciting things :drool:.... I have still been ordering parts for this years new resolution of the cars looks but it's only just occurred as to how much I have collected  :grin: so here's a quick teaser, anyone care to take a guess  :wink:????

Fitting will commence on the first sight of a nice day :cool:

Not strictly Vag related but was my first engine rebuild so quite excited about it...

As I haven't had much enthusiasm for the project I've been doing all the overtime I can at work to fund it as believe it or not this is all funded through a first year plant engineer apprentice wage which believe me is :sick:, but I know it will be worth it in the long run and I do thoroughly enjoy my job. Doing all this overtime has definitely helped as I've been involved in jobs that a first year apprentice wouldn't normally be even heard of participating in such as this inspection and rebuild of this common rail 6 cylinder 24 valve turbo diesel Isuzu lump which powers a 40ton excavator....

strip down

Possibly found a new blower to power the golf   :grin:

Anyone spot the problem  :undecided:

Yep you got it  :lipsrsealed:

Also think ive found some strong enough rods  :shocked:

Update to follow

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline paultownsend

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *21/02/13 Winter parts haul
« Reply #157 on: 22 February 2013, 15:14 »
Super read my friend. A good case put forward that the 5 door is better than 3.
Could you do me a favor if you ever get a minute?
Could you pm me over a list of the pipes used for the IC?
Do you reckon 2.25" would be enough for a tiny k03?
« Last Edit: 22 February 2013, 15:29 by paultownsend »

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #158 on: 22 February 2013, 18:04 »
Super read my friend. A good case put forward that the 5 door is better than 3.
Could you do me a favor if you ever get a minute?
Could you pm me over a list of the pipes used for the IC?
Do you reckon 2.25" would be enough for a tiny k03?

thanks for taking the time bud  :cool: always good to hear nice comments.

Yer of course bud, il gather my notes and il pm you.

erm depends what sort of power your chasing to be honest, last year Rtech maxxed my set up which should of been good for 250bhp on there older software to 230bhp due to the fact i overlooked tiny restrictve 1.75" pipework and they highly recomended upgrading to 2.5" for optimum flow

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #159 on: 23 February 2013, 18:19 »
Update 23/02/13

Well screw it 'no weather is gonna get a dubber down'  :grin:

wasnt planning on fitting everything till the warmer weather but well its my last days holiday so thoguht screw it and im glad i did.

So Here is my winter parts haul revealed  :cool:

New genuine US Spec rears
New genuine US Side markers
New genuine Amber indicator lenses
New genuine Sharan badge
New genuine passat w8 light
New 25th anniversary valance
Lupo stubby mirros
New genuine rocker cover gasket set
New genuine cam chain adjuster gasket
New genuine MAF Sensor
New Jetex filter
etc etc

So I gathered me some paint

To my suprise even in the sub 0 degrees her in doors wanted to come join in on the dub love and i  taught her how to paint. To be fair even though she did just to the base layers of primer she didnt do a bad job atall and I even painted straight onto it without any correction needed what so ever :cool:

Then I got to do my bit not going to put a pic up of every stage but this is the end result :smiley: not bad finish from an aersol

Also got a really goof finish on the 25th anni valance

all marked up and ready to cut

Not a bad fit for diy

I then procedeed to fit my stubby lupo mirrors Fitted and a comparison

Much better

Then proceeded to fit my us spec rears

Now for some whoring  :cool:

If I can just remind you what my car looked like literaly 2 months ago ....

To this..

Also have a few other goodies on the way but this wont be updated for a while as Im away at college.

Comments, thoughts & opinions welcome!?

thanks
« Last Edit: 23 February 2013, 18:21 by Chris#101 »