Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61607 times)

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *01/07/12 Operation stealth*
« Reply #120 on: 02 July 2012, 12:20 »
Cheers guys  :smiley:, the red wire is for the a WMI activation light and blue hose is for the newsouth boost gauge, neither were quite long enough so I had to unfortunately go as the crow flies, but Il correct this so it will be neatly tucked away :nerd:

Lowering seriously needs to be done but with a possible holiday on the cards I might have to hold back untill this months paycheck  :undecided:

Are joms / fk ak streets a direct fit? no other parts required ?

cheers for reading

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #121 on: 02 July 2012, 12:33 »
Yep direct fit, some people replace to mounts while at it, FK AK and JOMs have slightly different characteristics. Me and a friend had both setups fitted at the same time. FK AK, are softer and more comfy. The JOMs are more stiffer and harsh out the box. Both are an improvement over stock. The lower you drop the more firm both setups become.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #122 on: 26 July 2012, 12:36 »
26/07/12
Long no speakk, Really havent had time recentlyto do anything, Work has just gone crazy with all this nice weather were having :lipsrsealed:

So thenn... Really wanted a Newsouth pillar pod to match my new Newsouth boost gauage so I had an ideaa.....  :wink:

Take one piece of headling from a golf no longer with us

Add some glue

An hour or so later.... Walllaaa :cool:

Really pleased with the out come and cost 1/3 of the price of a newsouth one  :smiley:

Got a little delivery off the postman this morning :cool:

This has been well over due.....

and decided to throw in some hubcentric spacers this time  from JJC rally aswell

update this weekend... :wink:
« Last Edit: 26 July 2012, 12:53 by Chris#101 »

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline tigerj360

• Here all the time
Re: From Jap to Vag *26/07/12 Long over due..*
« Reply #123 on: 26 July 2012, 12:41 »
Looking forward to seeing the end result with the coilovers and spacers mate!

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #124 on: 26 July 2012, 21:15 »
Looking forward to seeing the end result with the coilovers and spacers mate!

Me too  :cool: I think its the only thing letting the car down atm lowss and stance  :sick:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #125 on: 29 July 2012, 20:56 »
29/07/12

:cool: So Then down she goess...

First of all a massive thanks to Andy Norfolk off here for lending a hand and getting me out the sh!te to begin with  :lipsrsealed:.

Driving home from my girlfriends on the satruday morning all well and dandy knowing what the day involved untill I notice this when I arrive at mine :lipsrsealed:

At first glimpse I thought it was fresh tar  :angry: (there re doing alot of road surfaces round here) but after touching it, it was very obvious that it was a grease substance :undecided: further more investigation My cv boot had a massive split in it  :sick:.
Must of litteraly happened on the way that morning. Anyway quickly got on the blower to euro car parts and robinson vw to luckily find vw had one in stock for £30 so me and andy took a trip up there is his polo daily  :cool:

Then the stripping commensed

:angry:

up she goes

Andy doing his thing  :cool:

Fronts installed :laugh:

10mm spacer

Hot rod anyone  :grin:

Next was the back, which hardly took anytime compared to the fronts  :cool:

Random one

Fully dissasembled

Building back up and 20mm spacers

Getting onto my drive way has now become a bit of a game  :tongue: :laugh:

The out come  :wink: Bearing in mind these were taken within 5 miles of them being fitted so they will still probably settle a bit more. Even at the height My standard arb has an inch clearance of the drive shaft  :shocked: :grin:

:cool:

thanks for reading

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *29/07/12* Down boy, downn
« Reply #126 on: 29 July 2012, 21:14 »
Ahhhh! Much better looks awesome that does now... :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #127 on: 29 July 2012, 21:14 »
last shot looks tasty dude, looks like the back has settled some more :D

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #128 on: 29 July 2012, 21:39 »
Looks loads better :afro:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #129 on: 30 July 2012, 12:25 »
Ahhhh! Much better looks awesome that does now... :cool:

last shot looks tasty dude, looks like the back has settled some more :D

Looks loads better :afro:

Cheers guys  :cool: Really has transformed the looks of the car and handles so much better, before it was like a bloody boat  :grin:

Your right andy the back has settled down a good 15-20mm so all the wheels sit flush with the arches!

Dont quite understand the standard ARB  :grin: I have atleast an inch gap between that and the  drive shaft, yet some people make it hit with 40mm lowering springs  :huh: are there different arbs fitted to different year golfs?

Not sure whats on the next to do thing cards  :grin:

« Last Edit: 30 July 2012, 12:53 by Chris#101 »