Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61616 times)

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
Re: From Jap to Vag *17/06/12 UPDATE R-tech'd inside*
« Reply #100 on: 19 June 2012, 19:24 »
coilovers better be ordered soon!

Just waiting for payday chap  :wink: fancy lending a head if youve got any spare time on your hands?

yeah dude i'm game to lend a hand, gimme a bell when you get them!

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #101 on: 19 June 2012, 19:32 »
Ah I have seen that Colt around Norwich before!! Usually on the A140 harford bridges Tesco way  :grin:

Golf is looking good mate, needs coillies tho :afro: roll on pay day  :grin:

Offline jamesblonde

• GTI forum regular
  • VW Golf Mk4 Estate 1.6 16v Tornado Red
« Reply #102 on: 19 June 2012, 23:10 »
This is coming along very nicely. Keep up the good word ! :)

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #103 on: 20 June 2012, 19:14 »
Ah I have seen that Colt around Norwich before!! Usually on the A140 harford bridges Tesco way  :grin:

Golf is looking good mate, needs coillies tho :afro: roll on pay day  :grin:

ahh we have another norfolker :laugh: got a project thread?

Yer I loved that colt  :cry: although with a £50 insurance difference between that and a gti it just wasnt worth it.

Im always around norwich :cool: attend any of the FYC meets?

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #104 on: 20 June 2012, 19:15 »
This is coming along very nicely. Keep up the good word ! :)

cheers bud  :cool: gonna really crack on with cosmetics now performance is done  :evil:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #105 on: 20 June 2012, 19:16 »
so people coiliess, talk to me ....... :grin:

Jom or Fk ak streets?

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #106 on: 20 June 2012, 19:29 »
fk ak streets everday!

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #107 on: 20 June 2012, 22:10 »
Both made in the same factory mate, just different colour adjusters... Had set of each on the bora exactly the same ride comfort etc but the fk's lasted longer :afro:

Yeah I have a new build thread for my project car, mk2 with a 20v turbo but will be slow on progress as I'm also spending money on my daliy .... Corsa  :evil: :embarassed:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #108 on: 24 June 2012, 16:18 »
Update 24/06/12

Now the performance side of things is nearer enough done :laugh:, bar the stuff R-tech told me to upgrade :evil:. Its time to start on the cosmetic side of things.

First things first, the routinely weekend bath  :cool:

So then…. At the beginning of the week this parcel turned up

Going by the results I got last time with a rattle can I wasn’t fazed to crack on with these.

So I went and done some shopping and came home with this little lot :nerd:

Checked the forecast before starting and cracked on with the tasks ahead.

The spray booth :grin:, Bare ABS plastic

Several coats of primer :smiley:

Primer wet flated using 1000grit  :smiley:

First coat of LC9Z-Black magic  :smiley:

LC9Z- Black magic Wet flated using 1000grit  :smiley:

Top Clear coat  :cool:

Again Im really pleased with the finish considering its from a rattle, Maybe paintings my hidden talent!?

Typical the weather has turned for the worst, but I guess that just gives the skirts extra time to harden/dry.

So whilst I’m waiting for the warm weather I dream off, what’s the best method of attaching them to the car? Anyone got any links for products??

Ever since fitting the Anni rear valance My exhaust has been rubbing slightly on it hence the exhaust heat rap up the top, so this time I wasn’t going to take any more risks with melting things so It was up to the work shop to do some fine adjustments.

UP she goes  :laugh:

Working magic  :smug:

The finished article  :cool:

I also had a little clear out in the garage where I came across these, so had a little play and this is what I came up with. :evil:

The finished article  :cool: ….. What boost pipes?

So then people, I need some input Obviously it still needs lowering and stance but what else do you think should be done?

What are peoples thoughts on the wheels? Change completely or painting!?

was possibly thinking refurbing them in a gun metal grey, but im staring at a blank page with not much imagination

talk to me…. !?

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *24/06/12 Cosmetic starts*
« Reply #109 on: 25 June 2012, 08:41 »
Great work on this! I'm glad you covered up the boost pipes :) What kinda style wheels are you looking for? OEM or Aftermarket goodness?