Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61600 times)

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *08/06/12 UPDATE + REMAP*
« Reply #90 on: 09 June 2012, 20:50 »
Spot on with the splitter! Better reflection on that than the bumper!  :grin: :wink:

Should of really polished the bumper aswell to blend it in   :lipsrsealed: haha
Was just to eager to see what it looked like on the car  :grin:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 09 June 2012, 20:52 »
What do you have up your sleeve? I really don't like surprises...So you may as well just tell me now  :wink:

Looking good :smiley:

Now that sunny jim you will have to find outon the 20th  :tongue:

Cheers for reading

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #92 on: 16 June 2012, 22:04 »
Who got it spot on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  :grin:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 17 June 2012, 12:56 »
UPDATE 17/06/12

Following on from last time My rear anni valance turned up  :cool:

so got that fitted straight away

I also got myself booked in at R-Tech yesterday for a Stage 2 Custom remap  :laugh:

This has been well over due but I cant believe now after knowing how much difference its made why I put it off for so long. It took me the best part of 3.5 hours to get there but boy was it worth the drive, especially on the way home  :shocked: :cool:. As soon as I got there the guys got stuck in checking everything was all good and safe explaining what was going to happen :smiley:.

In the first 30-45mins session on the dyno the guys maxxed the set up out at 199bhp  :huh: with a missfire. (Toby your guess what right  :grin:) How ever after they had a quick look around they soon noticed that I had made a school boy mistake by not tightening something on the intake manifold allowing a boost leak. Within the next 1.30 mins they switched the engine off and started indoing the safety straps to get the car off the dyno. With the new live software they have everything can be done twice as fast so to say I was itching for a drive was an understatement.

Even though it was way above my head they took the time to explain they had [b]*[/b]maxxed my set up out  :cry: showing me all the figures, duty cycles etc etc. I then went on a test drive  :laugh: and wow.... I told my friends I was getting a new car to throw them of the scent but this is just as good as. it really is completly different to before. you only have to feather the throttle to cruise and then if you push a bit more it absolutely transforms the car into something else  :grin: The power is soo smooth yet agressive its hard to explain. Overall I am soo happy with what the guys at R-tech have done, cannot recommend them enough  :cool: if your reading this guys, I will be seeing you very shortly with what you recomended  :evil:.

Now the bit youve all been waiting for. Cullygti you were on the money.

They maxxed out my set up with 1.75" intercooler pipework being restrictive :cry:. They said theres easily another 10-15bhp to be had with the 2.5" pipework along with + lbft. They couldnt physically get the K03s to flow any more through the 1.75" pipework as heat soak was becoming a major issue even with the meth injection and F.M.I.C. I also had a leaking exhaust triangle turbo gasket which you could hear which of course was loosing a bit of power along with a blocked/rusty toyosport air filter  :sad:. Either way Im extremely happy with the power they made considering the above and will be getting all the above sorted asap for another trip up there to get some better results along with launch control being added and left foot brake and boost  :laugh:.

The most important bit  :cool: 231bhp & 258ftlb holding a solid 20spi boost  :laugh:

and a few pictures of a local dub meet with Andynorfolk off here

thanks for reading  :cool:

comments welcome

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: From Jap to Vag *17/06/12 UPDATE R-tech'd inside*
« Reply #94 on: 17 June 2012, 13:08 »
Awesome man. Pleased for you. :cool: A remap really does transform the car :evil:

Although as I didn't win I will probably stop reading  :tongue:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 18 June 2012, 12:21 »
Awesome man. Pleased for you. :cool: A remap really does transform the car :evil:

Although as I didn't win I will probably stop reading  :tongue:

Cheers man, all the hard work paid off, already on the hunt for the bends to make the 2.5" intercooler pipework to unleash a bit more power  :laugh:.

Cannot thank R-tech enough :cool: has completely transformed the car, so much easier to drive now and completely turns into something else if you press the throttle harder  :laugh:

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #96 on: 18 June 2012, 20:39 »
coilovers better be ordered soon!

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #97 on: 18 June 2012, 20:44 »
Good stuff bud!!

Fancy meeting up one eve next week? Im up your way ;)  :evil:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 19 June 2012, 12:17 »
coilovers better be ordered soon!

Just waiting for payday chap  :wink: fancy lending a head if youve got any spare time on your hands?

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 19 June 2012, 12:18 »
Good stuff bud!!

Fancy meeting up one eve next week? Im up your way ;)  :evil:

Cheers toby  :cool: just want some lows and rims next  :grin:

Yes bud I could be game for that! il let you know if im free ?!