Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61618 times)

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *04.06.12 bigish update ;)**
« Reply #80 on: 05 June 2012, 13:14 »
Awesome :cool:

This is coming along very nicely. 

thanks for taking the time  :cool: really coming together now, Ive promised myself that there will be no more spending as I really have put the remap off too long :undecided:

But after its been mapped, Il be on the hunt for some anni/r32 skirts, coilovers and possibley some new 'reeems  :cool:

Very nice beading  :cool:

You should get quite a result with all that right? Would they be using the WMI while mapping it, or would that be something is purely used when you want to go faster and would have no affect on the map?...

Cheers dude :smiley:

In my head im thinking high 230's low 240's power wise (I know its hard to say a figure as so many different things depend on) what do others think!???  :nerd:

Yes the WMI will play a big part in the cutom mapping :smiley:. As with the intake temperatures being so low you can advance the timing without having to worry about detonation and knock. allowing more boost safely etc etc. From what ive read you should be around 10bhp better off with it than if you werent to have it  :smiley:

Heres a good video that explains how WMI works  :nerd:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkPFZWd8wj4

thanks for reading

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #81 on: 05 June 2012, 19:15 »
Didn't Chris. have a VERY similar setup and get 247, when speaking about my old setup, WMI was supposedly be able to bump it up from nearly 280 to nearly 300 german stallions.
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #82 on: 05 June 2012, 21:35 »
I get how the WMI works, but I meant...like...

When you get the custom map done will your final peak power/torque reading be taken WITH WMI running or not? Surely you would be left with 2 peak reading, one  WMI ON and one  WMI OFF...If ya get me  :undecided:

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #83 on: 05 June 2012, 22:10 »
No, will be WITH meth injection at full song..

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #84 on: 05 June 2012, 22:19 »
No, will be WITH meth injection at full song..

Gotcha...But am I right in thinking that you don't cruise around with WMI on all the time? So surely it the map wouldn't necessarily be suited to it when not running? Or are we talking about small numbers that wouldn't affect it too much?

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #85 on: 05 June 2012, 22:22 »
Depends what method you use of regulating it, mine came on at 7psi and was at full chat at 15psi with a progressive controller..

So under 7psi, no meth/water was used, obviously when you get it mapped, the meth injection levels are taken into account with the mapping.

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 08 June 2012, 20:52 »
UPDATE 08/06/12

Evening amigos, got a spare evening on my hands for a change so thought id update this!

Finally got round to finishing of the Vortex splitter cutting polishing etc etc. Im really pleased with the outcome considering it was done my rattle cans  :cool:

then a few with it fitted to the car

Really Love my front end  :grin:  :cool:

Im going to be buying some anni side skirts when i get paid so then il have the full kit

Also purchased Dave- IOW's boost gauge off him, cheers chap  :wink:

Wont be fitting it to my current pod, as ive got something up my sleeve :lipsrsealed:

so thats where I am now  :cool:

Oww yer and I have finally booked my self in at R-Tech for my custom stage 2 remap  :laugh: :cool:. My slot starts at 3pm on saturday 16th so pop down say hi if your local  :smiley:

thanks for looking, comments welcome
« Last Edit: 08 June 2012, 20:56 by Chris#101 »

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *08/06/12 UPDATE + REMAP*
« Reply #87 on: 08 June 2012, 21:28 »
Spot on with the splitter! Better reflection on that than the bumper!  :grin: :wink:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #88 on: 09 June 2012, 11:26 »
What do you have up your sleeve? I really don't like surprises...So you may as well just tell me now  :wink:

Looking good :smiley:

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #89 on: 09 June 2012, 15:02 »
Glad it made its way to you OK  :smiley: