Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61612 times)

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *wank holiday weekend update*
« Reply #70 on: 08 May 2012, 21:18 »
Cheers for the feed back guys  :cool: I think you could say Ive got the dub bug  :sick: :grin:

Some very nice parts youve got there love the door handles very nice along with a very sweet looking mk4 that will look even better once its lowered.. :wink:

Cheers man, I was checking out your waggon this evening :cool: so swish come on along way, really like it! Yess im desperate to get the lowss sorted out but figured id be wasting my time doing it last weekend with the bushes the way they are  :lipsrsealed:

All very tasteful stuff so far and good thread updates too. Keep it up man. :smiley:

:cool: thanks bud, the threads finally starting to pick up with feed back which is always nice to hear  :smiley:, keep popping back for some big updates  :cool:

i need to get a job in jcb, im 19 aswell man, i have a mk3 1.4, not the best looking one in the world, looking to upgrade to a mk4, mayby run this mk3 into the ground, however its a nice solid shell, but with them so cheap i could probably get a well sorted one for what it would cost me to get it looking right.
i could never dream of affording to insure a 1.8 this year!

any way man it looks lovely and by the looks of things has had a lot of work done already, much has it skinned you ? :)

I landed on my feet big time getting employed by Watling JCB, been there for just over 6 months now, I wasnt the best educated lad thats for sure. So this proves its not all about grades on a bit of paper. All of this has happened by working bloody hard and saving even bloody harder, Granted this isnt as fast moving and exciting as some threads on here but youve got to remember im only 20 and everything has been paid for legitly off my own back, Car + Tax + Insurance + Mods + fuel not palming off the rentals like some lads I know  :lipsrsealed:. Good things come to those deserve it chapp  :smiley:

Just read thro this thread and it's all looking goid pal, LMAO to what your work colleagues did with your turbo...
You need to do something with those seats tho!

Keep up the good work :wink:

:cool: cheers pal, slowly getting there  :grin:. I know haha still to this day it makes me cringe, should of known something was a bit fishy  :grin: massive bunch of wind ups  :cool:
Not a fan of the seats then ehh  :grin: what would you recomend?

If that's genuine R32 trim where's the cup holder logo?

As above mate there should be a little cup on the cup holder i think it might be net optic stuff thats been sanded down as they look to smooth ie no grainy lines if that makes sence?? Hope you never paid over the odds dude ! Either way mahoosive upgrade from wood lol and i like the little carbon twist

I just assumed it was genuine!? deffinitely alli and deffinitely has vw logo and part numbers on the back :huh: I know what you mean about the 'grainy lines' for some reason the camera hasnt picked them up  :huh:

but either way for the price I paid I dont care if its genuine brushed alli or not its 100x better than the wooden dash, certainly wont be losing any sleep over the matter  :grin: :smiley:

loving the updates man, bit disappointed you opted for springs ant not coilies though :P

Annnndyy cheers boss, this is only a temporary lowering solution dont you worry chap  :wink: again for the price I paid for them new it would of been rude not too  :grin:

How did the first daily dub meet go? sorry I couldnt make it, been tied up big time recently  :cry:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #71 on: 08 May 2012, 21:23 »
good lad! went alright thanks, had a few really nice cars turn up

gonna organise a cruise to the beach one weekend soon if you're up for it :D

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 24 May 2012, 21:03 »
UPDATE 24.05.12

Look what the postman dropped off today  :laugh:

Anyone want to guess what it is ?? :cool:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Well that game went down at treat.......... :grin:

For those that are interested it was my devils own W.M.I kit and 4 quartz tank:smiley:

Have found a bio fuel supplier very local who sells 99.9% virgin grade methanol for 80pence a liter  :laugh:

Also recently purchased a jom splitter off a forum member, going to start rubbing it down in the evenings :cool:

« Last Edit: 25 May 2012, 18:56 by Chris#101 »

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
Re: From Jap to Vag *UPDATE 25.05.12 666 Devils**
« Reply #74 on: 25 May 2012, 19:20 »
Company on eBay?

Took me ages to find some that could be delivered and paid nearly £20 for 4 litres!

Soon found someone selling it at 50p a litre in England though!
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #75 on: 25 May 2012, 20:39 »
Company on eBay?

Took me ages to find some that could be delivered and paid nearly £20 for 4 litres!

Soon found someone selling it at 50p a litre in England though!

Got the WMI kit from http://www.methanol-injection.co.uk/

Bruce sorted me out  :cool:

and this is where il be getting my methanol from, only a 15miles drive  :cool:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METHANOL-99-95-VIRGIN-GRADE-BIO-DIESEL-PRODUCTION-/330736133114?pt=UK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Lab_Supplies_ET&hash=item4d0168e3fa

Am I right in thinking your running a WMI kit dave?

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 04 June 2012, 14:42 »
UPDATE 04/06/12

Half way through the year already :huh: bloody madness I tell you dunno where the times gone  :grin:

Been a busy lad recently so following on from last time :cool:........

When and got me some paint didnt I

No particular order, but really impressed so far considering its done by rattle, Has orange peel as expected but it hasnt been flatted yet and needs several clear coats but getting there

I also bagged my self an absolute bargain of the bay  :cool: infact Id rather not say how much for I paid for it because you would cry  :grin:

Genuine Anni rear valance with exahaust cut out, colour coded in LC9Z  :cool:

The important bit  :tongue:

Thought Id change my pollen filter considering I havent changed it yet  :grin:

old and new

Anyhow...... :cool:

Following on from last time :drool:

Went and picked up 50 liters of 99.95% virgin grade methanol at 80pence a litre. Ive been advised to do 50/50 water meth so that little lot should last me a while  :smiley:

Now for the install  :wink:.

First thing I did was drilled the tank so I could fit the inline filter and main feed from the tank. Might of got a bit carried away with the 'dab of silicone around the edge just to eliminate any pottential leaks in the future'  :grin:

Front end dismantling to mount injector

After speaking to a few people who have already installed W.M.I I found the best place to mount the injector was after the intercooler allowing maximum time for the water meth to cool down the charged air.

after marking the spot and making sure the injector would be hidden and free from obstruction I drilled, tapped & sealed it in  :smiley:

different angle

Next was too route the feed line from the injector to pump.

VW kindly thought whilst desigining the golf about the possibility of enthusiasts installing W.M.I kits and such things and created an extra 'alley' for the line to clip into  :drool:

Bit more routing

For optimum access I decided to mount the manual boost solenoid here for ease of changing the boost the W.M.I kicks in at 7psi

I Figured Id like the pump hidden out the way, whilst having the tank at an easy filling place so decided to mount things like this!

(parcel shelf removed for purpose of picture)

Now for a little review. Well.... For the money it has cost (Sub £300) this has been the most beneficial/noticeable mod I have done and bearing in mind you get optimum results with a map (WHICH I HAVENT DONE) this really has been my favourite noticeable mod. Installing was a piece of cake, It litterialy consists of earthing the pump & solenoid, Live battery + to the pump, 12v ignition feed to the pump, vacumm feed to the solenoid and away you go! I dont have vag com so couldnt tell you of any actuall intake temperatures, how ever after a hard run (and I mean hard  :tongue:) the intake plenum is ice cold to touch (quite litteraly). Having the hot fmic pipe so close to the manifold it is quite amazing the temperature difference between when the charged air comes out of the turbo to the charged air that enters the inlet plenum :cool:. As far as useage im doing about 2 tanks to a full tank of fuel which I dont think is too bad!
ALL IN ALL I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND GETTING ONE :cool:

Just a few pictures of the car

Now It really is time to get this mapped :grin: Ive put it off for so long but I think im pretty close to maxxing the K03s out :grin:

so the spec is

*AUQ180
*87k miles
*K03s
*99' RON fuel
*DEVILSOWN 6-30 PSI W.M.I kit
*CRAFT '42  3" turbo back non res exhaust system
*TOYOSPORTS C.A.I
*TOYOSPORTS F.M.I.C
*FORGE T.I.P
*FORGE actuator yellow spring
*FORGE 007P (soon to have)
*PCV simplified - oil catch can
*N249 valve delete

I think thats everything haha

thanks for reading, comments welcome :)
« Last Edit: 04 June 2012, 15:34 by Chris#101 »

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: From Jap to Vag *04.06.12 bigish update ;)**
« Reply #77 on: 04 June 2012, 15:42 »
Awesome :cool:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #78 on: 04 June 2012, 18:32 »
This is coming along very nicely. 

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #79 on: 05 June 2012, 09:46 »
Very nice beading  :cool:

You should get quite a result with all that right? Would they be using the WMI while mapping it, or would that be something is purely used when you want to go faster and would have no affect on the map?...