Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61616 times)

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
Re: From Jap to Vag *Car stolen :(*
« Reply #60 on: 07 April 2012, 12:25 »
chris i may know you i lived around there for a long time
but moved to iow as im a grandad and love the quiet life lmao

Told you the first step was admitting it, i offer my congratulations  :laugh:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *Car stolen :(*
« Reply #61 on: 08 April 2012, 19:55 »
chris i may know you i lived around there for a long time
but moved to iow as im a grandad and love the quiet life lmao

Oreally where abouts were you from chap? :)

Projects gone a bit quite at the minute ladies and gents as im saving up  :lipsrsealed: :cool:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *wank holiday weekend update*
« Reply #62 on: 07 May 2012, 20:55 »
UPDATE 07/05/12

Long time no speak and all that jazz, Thought id give you a bank holiday monday update.

Ive been hoarding alot back recently due to having hardly anytime free time.

I managed to bag myself a bit of a bargain :cool:, anyone want to guess what  :grin:

I also managed to break my drivers side bora vent  :sad:, Basically the slates have got a tiny plastic pin on each end which is attached to a lobe which inturn follows the control of opening/closing mechanism... yep I maganged to break alot of them off which just used to annoy me so I purchased another one

some other bits I have been hoarding

Yep you probably guessed right, genuine brushed ali

Also managed to sort out the wiring for the w8 light so its a simple plug and play  :cool:

I thought Id try and be a bit original here and im quite pleased with the outcome, normally im not a big fan of the stuff but I think this is a nice subtle finish  :cool:

Also aquired a OEM POLO aerial of a forum member

General over look of the interior currently

Big thumbs up for wazzer for organsing the groub buy on these, shame it didnt end to well always one who ruins things  :cry:
15mm spacers, 10mm spacers x20 m14 x1.5 x 42mm wheel bolts

Have absolutely fallen in love with the plates  :grin: cant stop looking at them

Mr postman turned up not long after with my rockor 35mm lowering springs & 2 meters of 4mm silicone pipe

Let the stance work begin

Front before

Front after

Rear before

Rear after

Desperately after a 25th anni splitter then I can officialy say I love my front end haha

and the rear

got half way doing my suspension after using the how to guide to realise that the front topmount bushes are looking alot worse for ware so i had to postbone that :sad: but on a happy note I got to take a trip out to the dealers  :cool:

so I plan to re attempt the suspension next weekend.

I also have something coming from across the pond which should be here in the next few weeks  :drool: anyone want to take a guess?

all comments and critisism welcome

cheers
« Last Edit: 27 January 2013, 16:44 by Chris#101 »

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #63 on: 07 May 2012, 21:01 »
Some very nice parts youve got there love the door handles very nice along with a very sweet looking mk4 that will look even better once its lowered.. :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #64 on: 07 May 2012, 22:40 »
All very tasteful stuff so far and good thread updates too. Keep it up man. :smiley:

Offline Podge92

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #65 on: 07 May 2012, 22:51 »
i need to get a job in jcb, im 19 aswell man, i have a mk3 1.4, not the best looking one in the world, looking to upgrade to a mk4, mayby run this mk3 into the ground, however its a nice solid shell, but with them so cheap i could probably get a well sorted one for what it would cost me to get it looking right.
i could never dream of affording to insure a 1.8 this year!

any way man it looks lovely and by the looks of things has had a lot of work done already, much has it skinned you ? :)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 08 May 2012, 09:10 »
Just read thro this thread and it's all looking good pal, LMAO to what your work colleagues did with your turbo...
You need to do something with those seats tho!

Keep up the good work :wink:
« Last Edit: 30 March 2013, 07:21 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #67 on: 08 May 2012, 11:40 »
If that's genuine R32 trim where's the cup holder logo?

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 08 May 2012, 18:34 »
As above mate there should be a little cup on the cup holder i think it might be net optic stuff thats been sanded down as they look to smooth ie no grainy lines if that makes sence?? Hope you never paid over the odds dude ! Either way mahoosive upgrade from wood lol and i like the little carbon twist

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #69 on: 08 May 2012, 18:37 »
loving the updates man, bit disappointed you opted for springs ant not coilies though :P