Author Topic: My first GTI just delivered...  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Martw

• Not said much yet
Re: My first GTI just delivered...
« Reply #20 on: 30 May 2010, 22:39 »
The problem is it does not work from a certain build date when xenons are fitted.

So does your MFD display look different to mine?

cheers Snoopy, no it doesn't but I haven't noticed the kmh at the bottom, I'll check tomorrow and I should be posting some pics to as I've cleaned her today. I'll let you know after my investigations... Still new to the car so not up to speed with everything!!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 30 May 2010, 22:58 »

cheers Snoopy, no it doesn't but I haven't noticed the kmh at the bottom.

That is the speed displayed that the manual refers to. I'd be surprised if it wasn't there. If not they must have set your car up for another country!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Martw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 05 June 2010, 22:48 »
Ah ha! Yes it is the same display!! Shame it's not in mph and u can't set that as an option :-( I have read in another thread the mfd can be changed to mph? Does this affect anything else and you can also programme the windows to shut via the light/rain sensor? Is this something a dealer has to do??

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 05 June 2010, 23:13 »
You mean like this on mine?  :laugh:

This doesn't affect anything else.

Yes you can program the windows / sunroof to close if the rain comes on.

A dealer probably could do it but I don't think they would. Best way is getting a hold of a cable and doing it yourself.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Martw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 05 June 2010, 23:19 »
Yeap that looks good nice and clear similar to what I had on my tt before. The dealers don't seem to like to do much do they I went to see them to see if they could turn my xenons off as drl's but they said it can't be done!! Do you know anyone in south Devon who's good at these vag things as I haven't a clue. I would obviously pay some bucks!!   :huh:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 05 June 2010, 23:25 »
You could ask in here.

Offline Martw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 05 June 2010, 23:29 »
Cheers. I'll try and upload some pics tomorrow as I spent most of today cleaning her  :grin: