Author Topic: LED DRL's on the Mk5 GTI....  (Read 28428 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
Re: LED DRL's on the Mk5 GTI....
« Reply #20 on: 06 March 2008, 23:03 »
....Hey! Thanks topher! :smiley:

That's definitely the preferred position I think - More practical but more work to fit well.

At first I didn't spot that you'd 'chopped this pic, so that must mean it's looking fairly OEM. Then I went off to make a cuppa tea and saw the pic on my screen from across the room - Again it looks OEM and suits my car. The look is growing on me more and more - DON"T LET HURDY SEE THIS MOD!!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline neg

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2008, 00:53 »
You do have to be very careful with this kind of thing so it doenst look too aftermarket (chav as we say :wink:), I think they only places you should even attempt are headlight (which are not possible on this occasion just yet) or at the top of the fog section (like in the chop).

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2008, 10:40 »
You do have to be very careful with this kind of thing so it doenst look too aftermarket (chav as we say :wink:), I think they only places you should even attempt are headlight (which are not possible on this occasion just yet) or at the top of the fog section (like in the chop).

....I agree :smiley:.

The perfect location would be where the side light strips are in the headlights, but not feasible with my sealed Xenons.

I'm off to see my bodyshop man this morning to have an initial chat about what he thinks he can do. I'll report here accordingly this afternoon.

Thanks again, topher - I'll print that chopped pic and take it with me :cool:

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #23 on: 07 March 2008, 11:42 »
Rob.

I think that looks really good. To be honest when I saw the Pchop I was like... **Scrolls up to the first pic... Scrolls back down**

NICE. I think get it done  :laugh:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 07 March 2008, 14:02 »
....Hey! Thanks topher! :smiley:

That's definitely the preferred position I think - More practical but more work to fit well.

At first I didn't spot that you'd 'chopped this pic, so that must mean it's looking fairly OEM. Then I went off to make a cuppa tea and saw the pic on my screen from across the room - Again it looks OEM and suits my car. The look is growing on me more and more - DON"T LET HURDY SEE THIS MOD!!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Too late :evil:

I'm hanging on for a while as I think that someone like Hella will eventually do a full headlight with the DRL's below contained in the same unit - They tend to do everything else :grin:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 07 March 2008, 16:03 »
I'm hanging on for a while as I think that someone like Hella will eventually do a full headlight with the DRL's below contained in the same unit - They tend to do everything else :grin:

....I wouldn't hold your breath for Hella. By the time they do a full Mk5 headlight with DRL's, the Mk6 will be out with a different shaped unit. Also, I doubt that a Mk5 unit by Hella would be Xenon. But, it would still be the ideal solution for a more OEM low key appearance.

Meanwhile, I've had a chat with my bodyshop friend and it's Good News!!...........

No problem for him to fit, loom, and rocker switch into one of the blank squares next to the ESP and tyre pressure buttons. And he can cut out the black plastic fog vents leaving the whole surround frame intact :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:.

Extra good news is that he's kept me an undamaged R32 rear spoiler from a crashed car. :cool:

Offline neg

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 07 March 2008, 16:42 »
A new set of headlight with Xenon's would be major money, for you halogen boys maybe it would be ok  :wink:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 07 March 2008, 18:05 »

....I wouldn't hold your breath for Hella. By the time they do a full Mk5 headlight with DRL's, the Mk6 will be out with a different shaped unit. Also, I doubt that a Mk5 unit by Hella would be Xenon. But, it would still be the ideal solution for a more OEM low key appearance.

Meanwhile, I've had a chat with my bodyshop friend and it's Good News!!...........

No problem for him to fit, loom, and rocker switch into one of the blank squares next to the ESP and tyre pressure buttons. And he can cut out the black plastic fog vents leaving the whole surround frame intact :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:.

Extra good news is that he's kept me an undamaged R32 rear spoiler from a crashed car. :cool:

RR....How do you say "jammy B******" without sounding jealous....ooops too late :laugh:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 07 March 2008, 18:20 »
RR....How do you say "jammy B******" without sounding jealous....ooops too late :laugh:

.... :laugh:

The best jams are red! :grin: [no need to blow any raspberries!]

Offline maxamus

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 March 2008, 22:36 »