Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2828328 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8350 on: 08 May 2018, 12:05 »
Found my rear number plate hanging off. Foul play or poorly fitted when I had my bumper replaced? Judging by the small amount of tape used I suspect the latter.... Refitted after all remnants of old tape residue removed and cleaned with panel wipe.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8351 on: 08 May 2018, 12:39 »
tbh to get anything over thirty from a 2.0l turbo 230+ bhp engine is quite frankly a miracle of modern engine design... years gone by you'd never get anywhere near that!

lol I second that.  About 15 years ago I had a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R and it averaged about 18MPG regardless of how or where you drove it.
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8352 on: 08 May 2018, 12:40 »
Yup....got to agree with what's been said.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8353 on: 11 May 2018, 09:05 »
Waved goodbye as the man from the garage drove off in my car to take it for it's third service. I was expecting some spotty oik but got an older chap with a grey beard and a professional manner. So no doubt he went straight to a car park to perform some doughnuts :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8354 on: 11 May 2018, 15:42 »
Got my car back from it's service, all good, no issues and now MOT'd too. The service from the dealers was very good too, can't fault them. They didn't clean my car and it's been returned in the condition as collected. Looking forward now to getting my pedalbox switched back on :evil:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8355 on: 11 May 2018, 15:47 »
Got my car back from it's service, all good, no issues and now MOT'd too. The service from the dealers was very good too, can't fault them. They didn't clean my car and it's been returned in the condition as collected. Looking forward now to getting my pedalbox switched back on :evil:
I can't believe you didn't switch it back on before posting on the forum!
I'd have been leaning in the cubby hole the moment the guy got out, if not while he was getting out if he was a bit slow  :laugh:

Good to hear it all went ok with the service. Always a worry.  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8356 on: 11 May 2018, 15:58 »
I can't believe you didn't switch it back on before posting on the forum!
I'd have been leaning in the cubby hole the moment the guy got out, if not while he was getting out if he was a bit slow  :laugh:

Good to hear it all went ok with the service. Always a worry.  :cool:

Thanks :smiley: I would've switched it straight on but I was distracted by cleaning someone else's car :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #8357 on: 12 May 2018, 17:25 »
Met up with Mr & Mrs Stretts for a spot of lunch as I missed last weeks VW show at Stanford Hall.

Enjoyable as ever. See you both soon  😁👍
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #8358 on: 12 May 2018, 18:44 »
Red mirrors? Not convinced...
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #8359 on: 12 May 2018, 19:24 »
Met up with Mr & Mrs Stretts for a spot of lunch as I missed last weeks VW show at Stanford Hall.

Enjoyable as ever. See you both soon 

Red mirrors? Not convinced...

Nice selection of GTI’s. I’m not sure on the red mirrors either, but it’s good we don’t all like the same things, otherwise life would be boring.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl