Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 121021 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #760 on: 06 October 2023, 10:39 »
Battled with changing from WeConnect to the VW app.

No info is tendered between the 2 so I had to delete my profile and deactivate my account in car, then re-register and log back in. Then set myself as primary user again ( which I was anyway ).

Took about 15 minutes but once done I realised that everything is reset in the car - the ambient lighting has all changed, my dash view has changed, the radio stations changed, equaliser sound settings changed etc. Maybe I did something wrong but I assumed that these were all set in car and not in app

Oh, and today I have to call and prove to “vw” that I am the person I say I am, the same person who used their previous app that they have decided to close, in order to get the same features that I’ve used for the last 13 months.

What a faff

FFS, what are cars coming to? Is all of this actually necessary? A car is for driving, I really couldn't be bothered with all that.

Agree; me neither - maybe it’s an age thing on my part :whistle:

When I bought my current car just over three years ago, the dealer gave me one of those VW Data plugs that plug into the the OBD port and provided information on such things as driving data information, location where you’d parked your car etc. When I got home, I just put it in a drawer and it’s still there.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #761 on: 06 October 2023, 12:11 »
When I bought my current car just over three years ago, the dealer gave me one of those VW Data plugs that plug into the the OBD port and provided information on such things as driving data information, location where you’d parked your car etc. When I got home, I just put it in a drawer and it’s still there.

I was offered one of those and politely declined.

I'm not against new tech at all, some of the features of my car I love and I'm not knocking what others like. But I like driving and there's nothing on these apps that improves the experience for me.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #762 on: 06 October 2023, 16:11 »
Battled with changing from WeConnect to the VW app.

No info is tendered between the 2 so I had to delete my profile and deactivate my account in car, then re-register and log back in. Then set myself as primary user again ( which I was anyway ).

Took about 15 minutes but once done I realised that everything is reset in the car - the ambient lighting has all changed, my dash view has changed, the radio stations changed, equaliser sound settings changed etc. Maybe I did something wrong but I assumed that these were all set in car and not in app

Oh, and today I have to call and prove to “vw” that I am the person I say I am, the same person who used their previous app that they have decided to close, in order to get the same features that I’ve used for the last 13 months.

What a faff

I downloaded the new APP at the start of the week and it just worked, I didn’t have to do anything accept sign in, the old app still works too at the moment, it didn’t effect any primary user settings or such like either! 🤷🏼🤔
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #763 on: 06 October 2023, 21:58 »
Same here... didn't have to change anything - just signed in.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #764 on: 07 October 2023, 18:49 »

Same here just logged in and it worked not as good layout thou vland can't see if car is locked or unlocked from app which is annoying!

Anyone else see if locked or unlocked or do I have to change something on the app?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #765 on: 07 October 2023, 19:45 »

Same here just logged in and it worked not as good layout thou vland can't see if car is locked or unlocked from app which is annoying!

Anyone else see if locked or unlocked or do I have to change something on the app?

The lock status is shown on the first screen for me!

Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #766 on: 07 October 2023, 20:01 »
This is useless tbh

I can’t even find that page! If I click Driving Data, it opens on the web version of my Volkswagen in the garage page! 🤷🏼, I’m beginning to wonder if the app I have is the same as others have downloaded
??
Current car -

Gone -
👇see it here👇

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #767 on: 07 October 2023, 20:32 »
That page is simply not visible for me on the new APP, if I click Driving Data it goes to the My Volkswagen Website, where there is nowhere to view that data, I can still view driving data in WeConnect however.
Current car -

Gone -
👇see it here👇

Offline Gjm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #768 on: 09 October 2023, 11:03 »
They obviously decided to save money and not code stuff directly into the App, so just turned it in a web browser to open up the myVolkswagen page. Once you login, if you scroll down you will get the driving data display, it's just the mobile version of the web page, no different if you logged in on your phone using Chrome, Safari, etc.

I was having issues with selecting my Preferred Workshop, so decided to login on the laptop, so much easier than on the phone, and yes, it has lost my previously selected workshop, and to try and input a new one keeps throwing up an error every time I put in a postcode or town to search.

Also some stuff in the myVolkswagen web page show up as Miles (I'm UK Based), but other bits show up as Kilometres. Got confused when the mileage looked way higher than it should be when looking at the Health Report, and then realised it was displaying Km!
VW Golf Mk8 GTD on order since Nov 2021 - Cancelled June 2023
VW Golf Mk8 GTI - Purchased June 2023

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #769 on: 12 October 2023, 13:27 »
Had my GTI in the local (non-VW) garage for brake pads today... as had a warning message about wear!

While they were doing the brakes they spotted that both front shocks are leaking, one really badly.

Hope thats a warranty issue!

Going to add that to the list of problems for when its in VW for the next round of counter-bong activity.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC