Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 124309 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #550 on: 22 November 2022, 18:40 »
Looks very good and well executed Michele  :cool:

Thanks guys. Anybody wants the template, let me know.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #551 on: 24 November 2022, 00:05 »
Hi king monkey. Having seen the insert you made I tried the MarvParts one I bought. It still doesn’t fit. I’ll pm you re the template as I would like to check it against the one I bought to see where it’s out.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #552 on: 24 November 2022, 12:11 »
Something I've considered too. I'd probably copy how its done on the Edition 45, where the spoiler is left body colour apart from the existing gloss black bit on it.

Agreed 100%

Found a picture of the Edition 45. It looks like I would be best wrapping the roof by following the 'gutters' the full length of the roof and then over the main spoiler part and over the lip where the brake light is.

Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #553 on: 28 November 2022, 17:40 »
Today, I tried a16” spare wheel (16 x  70 x 125)  in the wheel well of my Mk 8. It was a tight squeeze and I struggled to get  it back out. I don’t believe a larger space saver will fit in there. I am not sure if there’s room for a jack or wheel brace in there with it. Has anyone else put a wheel into it and if so what size?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #554 on: 28 November 2022, 18:14 »
Today, I tried a16” spare wheel (16 x  70 x 125)  in the wheel well of my Mk 8. It was a tight squeeze and I struggled to get  it back out. I don’t believe a larger space saver will fit in there. I am not sure if there’s room for a jack or wheel brace in there with it. Has anyone else put a wheel into it and if so what size?

A space saver spare wheel is offered as an extra cost factory option so it should fit the spare wheel well. As you were having problems fitting a 16” space saver with a 125x70 R16 tyre, that does suggest the factory space saver may be a different size.

The tool kit probably comes in one of those moulded polystyrene inserts that fits inside the space saver spare.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mk8Clubby

• Not said much yet
« Reply #555 on: 28 November 2022, 20:03 »
Correct size for the Clubsport spare is 125/70/18, and it fits perfectly with polystyrene kit for jack etc fitted around the wheel. Can still have the boot floor cover in the lower position (though I had to take the top half off the polystyrene kit to allow this). Note that unfortunately the spare doesn't fit on the front due to the big brake caliper. R owners will have the same problem as I believe VW use the same spare size for that car too. Still, I'd rather have it in the boot than the puncture repair kit.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #556 on: 28 November 2022, 22:13 »
Thanks Mk8Clubby, an 18” makes more sense to me but I put the 16” wheel in today and I don’t think a 17 or 18 would fit and there was no polystyrene insert in it. Even at that, it was catching on the lip at the tailgate that meant I had to use some force to remove it. It goes in easier than it comes out. I’ll have another look tomorrow.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #557 on: 29 November 2022, 20:57 »
Not yet fitted but delivered today for my mk8:

New Bosch wiper blades (hopefully ordered the correct ones), a cheap ass brush for cleaning the rear callipers which were only ordered to make the purchase up to the free delivery amount, and a new battery for the key.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #558 on: 29 November 2022, 21:06 »
Not yet fitted but delivered today for my mk8:

New Bosch wiper blades (hopefully ordered the correct ones), a cheap ass brush for cleaning the rear callipers which were only ordered to make the purchase up to the free delivery amount, and a new battery for the key.

Yes, 864S are the correct wipers. 👌
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #559 on: 29 November 2022, 21:21 »
Here! How’d you get my key ring?