Author Topic: my scirocco gt2 ( soon to be a valver )  (Read 59851 times)

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
Re: my scirocco gt2 ( soon to be a valver )
« Reply #150 on: 26 October 2011, 19:38 »
with kims botom end? pm me
[/quote

oh massive fail on my part there i'll start again cuz hant explained properly

the deal on toms gti fell thru because of money then jim offered me his mk3 gti lump for £65 and i've just won a mk2 gti 16v cylinder head on ebay for £56

so i be 2 litre valver on carbs

if in doubt go flat out

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #151 on: 26 October 2011, 22:59 »
with kims botom end? pm me

oh massive fail on my part there i'll start again cuz hant explained properly

the deal on toms gti fell thru because of money then jim offered me his mk3 gti lump for £65 and i've just won a mk2 gti 16v cylinder head on ebay for £56

so i be 2 litre valver on carbs

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #152 on: 30 October 2011, 22:09 »
well the rocco has had her last run this year with her 1.8 8v heart and is having her suspension raised in the morning to get her sitting comfortably on my driveway

had a good run to lincoln for a meet and it turned out well and she did good all the way besides a few clouds of smoke and a nasty smell coming and going so watch this space now for many updates with many pictures....

also a random picture i took in macdonalds carpark with martin ( I_AM_ME )

if in doubt go flat out

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #153 on: 18 November 2011, 23:41 »
thaught its about time i did an update on this thread as a few things have happened and progress is being made...

to start with i'm out of road tax aswell as insurance now so i have plenty of time to do things that have been a long time coming. starting with the engine :)

to cut a long story short my engines coming out and another is going in but its no simple engine conversion from another car cuz lets face it that be too easy..

basically i'm building up a 2 litre 16v bike carb powered beastie and i have nearly everything i need now waiting for me just need to make an inlet manifold , finish cleaning up engine parts , jet my carbs and bolt it all together so here goes with some pictures...

to start with i'll be using a mk3 golf gti 8v engine block for the 2 litreness but no pic as it hasn't been delivered yet...

so that i get clearance for my many valves i've baught a set of second hand abf pistons from a mk3 valver

as you can see there caked up with crap so thaught best to clean em up and check everything fine so...

also noticed all oil holes in the oil scraper rings were blocked so came up with an idea that did the trick

and all cleaned up and back together..

then came the delivery of what i'm using to fuel the engine with. in the form of some yamaha R1 carburettor awsomeness!!!

and they'll be getting stripped down cleaned up and jetted accordingly

and a few days later came some more powerfull awsomeness being a mk2 gti 16v cylinder head  :D

and some pics with the carbs infront of it cuz i can really

and soon set to dis assembling the valver head to clean it up get it skimmed and re-seat all the valves .....

the head nerli stripped ...

3 out of 4 valves lapped and re-seated on cylinder 4

a before and sfter shot

and the bits i can do on the head are nerli done now then its getting sent off for a skim.

and today came a parcel  :D  in the form of a 4 branch stainless steel exhaust manifold

and i then broke out the heat wrap and wrapped the manifold up nice before running out  :x

then after heat wrapping i realised it was a bad idea as the manifold will most probably need modifying as i've had to buy a mk2 golf 16v mani to fit the engine as they dont make them for the 16v scirocco as there so damn rare so the mani will prob need to be modified to fit with the 2 litre block being taller than my 1.8 aswell as havving an anti roll bar in the way or the zaust...

tahts about it for now really but i'm, sure they'le be more to come

if in doubt go flat out

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #154 on: 18 November 2011, 23:51 »
Might be worth checking, but will a 1.8 16v head fit and work on 2.0 8v bottom end.  :undecided:

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #155 on: 19 November 2011, 00:14 »
Might be worth checking, but will a 1.8 16v head fit and work on 2.0 8v bottom end.  :undecided:

not if i used the 2.0 8v pistons as they woul the valves but thats why i baught the abf pistons from the mk3 16v so put the 16v pistons and rods in the 2.0 8v block then all will be fine

if in doubt go flat out

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #156 on: 19 November 2011, 00:15 »

not if i used the 2.0 8v pistons as they woul the valves but thats why i baught the abf pistons from the mk3 16v so put the 16v pistons and rods in the 2.0 8v block then all will be fine

I just wondered if the block was all the same etc also will the 2.0 head gasket mate up all ok.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #157 on: 19 November 2011, 09:02 »
Interesting project dude! Hope it all goes well :grin:

Offline vdubman

• I live here
  • its not a polo-its a mini golf :-)
« Reply #158 on: 19 November 2011, 10:20 »
i like this dude,good luck with all the work need doing.

anthony

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #159 on: 19 November 2011, 10:58 »
chers guys and just waiting for the mk3 gti lump to be delivered then i will get a mock build done to check tolerences ect then a final deep clean and a paint up then put it together for the last time

if in doubt go flat out