Author Topic: my scirocco gt2 ( soon to be a valver )  (Read 59855 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: my scirocco gt2
« Reply #40 on: 05 May 2011, 20:45 »
It seems ian has broke it. By ian i mean me. 400 yards and it broke down. Now outside the garage while we see whats up with it. Damn carbd engines

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #41 on: 05 May 2011, 20:53 »
It seems ian has broke it. By ian i mean me. 400 yards and it broke down. Now outside the garage while we see whats up with it. Damn carbd engines

Is there a car you've been near which you haven't broken? :grin:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #42 on: 05 May 2011, 21:56 »
Ummm... Nope.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #43 on: 05 May 2011, 22:00 »
Ummm... Nope.

:grin: :grin:

How'd you break the rocco then?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #44 on: 05 May 2011, 22:15 »
It cut out. Mechanical fuel pump or/and in tank lift pump have given up. Got spaires so gunna fix it saturday and she'll be sweet again. Got a facet pump sat at my mates for his so it'll be fixed

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #45 on: 05 May 2011, 22:21 »
sad face  :sad: rocco brokend but all will be forgotten on saturday with new pumps :)

if in doubt go flat out

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 16 May 2011, 02:32 »
seems i had forgotten to update my thread and a fair amount has happened in the past week or so...

firstly got a fuel pump donated by martin i popped that on and jobs a good'n seems the diaphram had gone on my pump so back on the road :)..

also got some cool pics of the rocco after fixing it.

then i piked up some nerly new reclining bucket seats that were given to me by a friend and started on fitting them..
but as i only had one seat harness i was only able to fit 1 of them so now i'm rocking around with one bucket seat and one standard untill i have a set of harnesses..

but the pictures were taken with the other bucket seat placed in there as if it is all fitted properly :)

then i had to strip out the rear of the car to suit the look and save what weight i can wich caused problems as to were i can put my vibe slicks so i decided to mount them upside down in the bak above the standard 6x4 speaker holes and it turned out okay...

also fitted some new clocks (kindly donated to me by liam ) as none of the warning lights worked on mine soi fitted them to find i had the same problem wit the new clocks but noticed a split in the curcuit board on the back of the clocks so 2 pieces of wire and some carefull soldering later and the job was done and i now have a set of working clocks....

next job is to fit a newer ( working ) brake servo donated to me by dave from his old gti wich will sort out the brakes and shoud make the rocco passable for its mot thats due in 2 weeks time
« Last Edit: 16 May 2011, 02:39 by mk2 helper »

if in doubt go flat out

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #47 on: 16 May 2011, 21:33 »
Looking good :afro:

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 16 May 2011, 22:16 »
cherz :)

if in doubt go flat out

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
Re: my scirocco gt2 ( mot time :/ )
« Reply #49 on: 26 May 2011, 23:49 »
so the rocco is off the road again due to the lack of an mot that ran out last saturday :(

but however this did give me time to sort out a few little jobs that have been bugging me so started on them.....

first job on the list was to get rid of the old alarm that didn't work and was making my bay look a mess so i removed the alarm box and traced the wiring back to a point in wih i could cut it off and remove the loom from my bay..
this gave me loads more room and made things look much better and less crammed in.

then i decided to fit the k&n air filter that was given to me by lemski so i got that fitted on to get rid of the massive space waisting air box then decided to paint up my rocker cover to give it a frsh look.

also moved a few wires about and re-routed fuel lines and cables to tidy up the bay and this was the outcome...

then as i cant drive the car i thaught there is no better time than now to take off the carb and give it a good strip down and clean out so i removd the carb from the manifold and took it to the shed so i could do the job properly without the risk of loosing bits..

this is how the carb looked when i took it off...

then the strip down commenced so i started taking the carb apart keeping evrything in order and in a safe place untill it was fully apart.

then i got a tub and half filled it with old petrol , got an old tooth brush and started cleaning all the individual parts

whilst going through the cleaning process i only came across 2 problems.. one of which was two small jets were slightly blocked and thus restricting fuel flow so i took a peice of wire from a wire brush and cleared them out..

then the second problem was that i wasn't getting ful throttle as the throttle mech was fouling the chocke mech with the throttle fully open so i adjusted that and then all was sorted....

and some pics of the finished item all cleaned up and ready to go back on...

if in doubt go flat out