Author Topic: 6 points no ncb man this sucks!  (Read 5871 times)

Offline Jungle_Don

• GTI forum regular
Re: 6 points no ncb man this sucks!
« Reply #10 on: 22 December 2007, 18:20 »
i was thinking about getting a polo last night i think the can be made to look quite smart with a few mods my only concern is that it will be ridiculosly slow, my 1st car was a 950cc mk1 fiesta and it struggled to get me from A-B it was that slow not sure what the polos are like but im definatly considering one, fook it its only for 1 year then i can get a real car again.

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 December 2007, 19:45 »
According to parkers a 1.0L Polo is group 3 and yes it will be slower than George Bush but if it was me I would just grin and bear it, get a few years NCD under your belt and happy days. After reading this thread I can see we have so many poeple coming through the court for no insurance, I cant believe the cost of insurance for new drivers.

ShoCk

« Reply #12 on: 23 December 2007, 10:30 »
I'd rather walk then pay that much ... put it that way.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 23 December 2007, 11:49 »
i was thinking about getting a polo last night i think the can be made to look quite smart with a few mods my only concern is that it will be ridiculosly slow, my 1st car was a 950cc mk1 fiesta and it struggled to get me from A-B it was that slow not sure what the polos are like but im definatly considering one, fook it its only for 1 year then i can get a real car again.

my mates got a pug 106 1.1 and it tops at 85 on his field (no joke he has a field but probs faster on a road)

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 23 December 2007, 13:39 »
With the cost of insurance being do high I would just get something that was realy cheep to insure (obviously something decent if you can) and run around in that till you gain some experiance and NCD. If your sensible and drive steady before you know it you'll be able to insure the sort of cars you realy want to be driving around in  :wink:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #15 on: 24 December 2007, 09:09 »

what insurance group a mk2 1.6 driver is i know a mk3 1.4 ryder is grp 6

try this topic for help with the insurance groups: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=62975.0

:smiley:

Offline hobbiniho

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 24 December 2007, 15:52 »
holy sh!t a mk2 1.6 driver is group 9 , right i went to get an insurance quote for my driver and the cheapest i could get was about £1500 but when i went to get a quote for a fiesta si which is a 1.6 aswell and only group 8 i was quoted about £700 now what the hell is going on there thats like half the friggin price  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 24 December 2007, 16:17 »
Yer its stupid.

My mums seat ibiza 1.2 is some stupidly low group and i got quoted around the same as i paid for mine but with the value at £7000 instead of the 500 for mine! putting mine at £7000 bumped mine up :sad:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #18 on: 07 January 2008, 00:49 »
stupidly drove it home with no insurance and got pulled

This is totally your own fault and you should pay the price.

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 14 January 2008, 23:19 »
Where was it this happened, location just curious. er driving a slow car around for a year would drive me nuts!!, its ok for a onths but now i'm frustraded, maybe as been used to vti's gti's and so forth. I've been using my mums 0.9 group 1 seicento around while find a car for last months and thats slow but due to weight its quicker than a polo, corsa and other equivilents by 3 secs 0-60 :laugh:. feel a bit odd driving it but dont go to bad for the ins group just feel like im in a learners cars or new driver car.

Them 1.1 puntos are just as slow as the 0.9 seicentos ha but look much better