Author Topic: 17 year old - where do I start?  (Read 10811 times)

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: 17 year old - where do I start?
« Reply #30 on: 28 October 2010, 15:26 »
I'll post some pics of my MK2 Golf mate, (Ken - maybe put some of your sons on here too, although they're almost identical lol).
Really think a Golf is the way forward! 1.3's seem a lot rarer, especially in decent colours (If I didn't have a red one I'd want a white one) but there's a few drivers about and as Ken said, they're not expensive to buy or run!

They also look like a GTI which gives it more street cred... All you need is a GTI Front Grille (£10.00 off ebay)... and a GTI rear tail gate glass with spoiler, some BBS RA's and then it looks like a proper GTI... Then if money allows stick on some GTI springs again cheap enough when peeps do upgrades etc... I fitted my old springs to his car!!

The performance of a driver is pretty good too!!

My lads Driver in front & My GTI behind...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline chippy3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 04 November 2010, 20:00 »
Im got a quote of 10k for 1.3 mk2. that was me as policy holder, mum and dad named drivers. TP  :sick:
and when i was a named driver, they were unable to quote!!! ...currently im with tesco, under my mums name on a corsa...anyone recommend where to go from, reguarding the mk2 golf

and im 18 btw

cheers

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #32 on: 04 November 2010, 22:03 »
Coverbox as I posted earlier in this thread!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #33 on: 04 November 2010, 23:42 »
Been on comparison websites mate? Hastings Direct came up cheapest for me, but also try GSI Insurance (not on comparison websites) as their quotes are very veyr hard to beat, and if you do manage to find better they'll do all they can to match it!

EDIT: Just realised thats a bit of a re-post mate!  :undecided: "Soz"

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline MissGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 05 November 2010, 13:47 »
Dont go with Admiral there a bunch of tossers!! an uninsured unlicenced bimbo crashed into my old Tigra and my OLD insurance company (Admiral) payed out!!! shocking,also when i
got the golf and told them it had a cobra alarm instead of my insurance going down they put it up saying it was a modification.  :angry:
Just be dub to me

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #35 on: 05 November 2010, 13:59 »
Dont go with Admiral there a bunch of tossers!! an uninsured unlicenced bimbo crashed into my old Tigra and my OLD insurance company (Admiral) payed out!!! shocking,also when i
got the golf and told them it had a cobra alarm instead of my insurance going down they put it up saying it was a modification.  :angry:

That's f*cking ridiculous!!!!

Offline MissGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 05 November 2010, 14:22 »
Tell me about it, i told them that if they were goinng to pay out i will change insurance companys, so they demanded the rest of my insurance money upfront for the rest of the year.Im now on my dads traders insurance ( a bit dodgy i no and i wont be building up any NCD but hay ho )
Just be dub to me

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
« Reply #37 on: 05 November 2010, 15:02 »
my cheapest quote on a 1.0 polo coupe is £990 with admiral, £50 extra for fully comp, i'm 18, license held just over a year with 0 NCB, both parents on policy, mileage at 5,000
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #38 on: 09 November 2010, 19:49 »
Tell me about it, i told them that if they were goinng to pay out i will change insurance companys, so they demanded the rest of my insurance money upfront for the rest of the year.Im now on my dads traders insurance ( a bit dodgy i no and i wont be building up any NCD but hay ho )

Nice, won't be going near them then as I've just fitted an alarm and not havin all that fuss!

Offline xkaty_h

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #39 on: 09 November 2010, 22:06 »

Was your alarm fitted by an approved fitter?