Author Topic: Cheap Insurance bad Customer service!?!?!?  (Read 4988 times)

Offline Daddy Billy

• Not said much yet
Cheap Insurance bad Customer service!?!?!?
« on: 14 April 2010, 21:31 »
I just called Admiral to correct a mistake, they clearly made on the paper work.  (As they gave me the cheapest internet quote and they are a well known insurer I opted for them).  :nerd:
Get this though.
  I explained about their mistake I keep my car over night on my drive with my Motorcycle (just throw that in there :wink:) not in a Residential parking area.  The fellow put me on hold (to speak with an underwriter or someone that can do they changes?? :lipsrsealed:).  When he came back he has only gone and asked for a further £22.  wayne kerr and bollocks to that I thought.  So I tried to take the time to explain.  I filled in the internet details and I had to run through them with the not so good sales chap before I could pay in full.  So I know full well it is something they have done to get a discount applied or a simple mistake when they have populated the field, like scrolling too far down or clicking on the wrong choice etc etc.. incidents happen.  :cry:
But I flat out refuse to accept that residential parking on the whole has any advantages over a driveway.  NB I live in a really nice, quite, very low crime, family area, which they know cause of my post code, that's not me being paranoid, it's just fact, what with their models and spread sheets. blah blah blah.
Cheeky Monkeys...
If your interested I'll let you know what the letter says as no doubt they chase for £22.  What with the struggle to generate fee income via non voice medium/portal in this climate.
If they do chase, I'll no doubt be bloody minded with a pen and see where that gets me :wink: To be fair though "All our calls are recorded for training and blah blah don't know what comes next?".

Oh and as for the punch line the previously mentioned "not so good sales chap" he was giving me the spiel about the benifits of the policy and he said Driving other vehicles So I said are these calls recorded he said "yes"..... "whyyy?"
So I said with a huge smile down the phone "coz I'm off to borrow a tank from a friend as I'v always wanted to be seen in one on my local high street and it is a vehicle after all" He back peddled very quickly and said no no no I meant any car, any car.  Proper almost laughed  Not very helpful.
Daniel

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Cheap Insurance bad Customer service!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2010, 21:48 »
Am I missing something here, if you don't pay the £22 they will or may cancel your policy.

Offline Cable

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2010, 21:56 »
insurance companies are thiefs along with banks and policing system!

was that £22 an admin fee to change the details? or the policy going up?

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2010, 22:04 »
Well i also rang admiral today.

Who insure me on my 07 fiesta.

I rang to change from SDPC to add business use.

They charged me £19.12 including admin fee's to go up to business class!!! and the policy still has 9 months left to run (paid in full)

BARGIN!

And im only 21, although i think job does help a little bit with the old insurance.

Offline Daddy Billy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2010, 22:42 »
Am I missing something here, if you don't pay the £22 they will or may cancel your policy.

Thanks Wayne for your perception.  That would be the norm I assume.  I really hope it doesn't come to that conclusion.   My point of view is that I have the saved quote on my laptop from them showing my answer to "kept over night" (which isn't worth the paper it's written on) and they will have to produce the tape recorded call showing that I asked it to be changed or write off the money.  On the call I am painfully taken back through the questions again and again and the lad was not va-bay-tum (cant spell words I know sorry) on the script he's been given i'm guessing.  So... Armed with that knowledge (and an over inflated sense WTF) and the fact that dealing/looking at a complaint (internal) would cost £?? and if they don't find in my favour I can then go to the ombudsman (external) who will charge them £500 ?? just to look at the case. lol
Not worth there time 'let that one go' "your not the droids we're looking for" :laugh:

Offline Daddy Billy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2010, 22:46 »
insurance companies are thiefs along with banks and policing system!

was that £22 an admin fee to change the details? or the policy going up?
I don't know sorry :embarassed: zoned out whilst thinking rude things. My answer is the same to both though blood/stone not happening, not my mistake.

Offline Daddy Billy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2010, 22:59 »
Well i also rang admiral today.

Who insure me on my 07 fiesta.

I rang to change from SDPC to add business use.

They charged me £19.12 including admin fee's to go up to business class!!! and the policy still has 9 months left to run (paid in full)

BARGIN!

Yeah that is a bargin.. Playing Devils advocate did you have to increase your milage? no? oh? Thought I'd just ask... but you'll probably be doing the same milage, not going place to place, during busy periods, more often. :lipsrsealed:
 I'm sure I just got the one who wasn't very helpful, bleedin typical.
Daniel   

And im only 21, although i think job does help a little bit with the old insurance.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2010, 00:17 »

Thanks Wayne for your perception.  That would be the norm I assume.  I really hope it doesn't come to that conclusion.   My point of view is that I have the saved quote on my laptop from them showing my answer to "kept over night" (which isn't worth the paper it's written on) and they will have to produce the tape recorded call showing that I asked it to be changed or write off the money.  On the call I am painfully taken back through the questions again and again and the lad was not va-bay-tum (cant spell words I know sorry) on the script he's been given i'm guessing.  So... Armed with that knowledge (and an over inflated sense WTF) and the fact that dealing/looking at a complaint (internal) would cost £?? and if they don't find in my favour I can then go to the ombudsman (external) who will charge them £500 ?? just to look at the case. lol
Not worth there time 'let that one go' "your not the droids we're looking for" :laugh:

I had issues with Admiral once, had a quote online for my Vectra £221 which was cheap, ring up and confirm the price, took the policy out all ok, within the next few days paperwork arrives and policy has gone up £99, ring up again and was told it is a system error, told them I spoke to someone and they could not find the call what a suprise, told them to stuff the policy and went back to the AA have never used them again.

Good luck but my guess is they will struggle to find you phonecall as well.

Offline Daddy Billy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2010, 00:24 »

I had issues with Admiral once, had a quote online for my Vectra £221 which was cheap, ring up and confirm the price, took the policy out all ok, within the next few days paperwork arrives and policy has gone up £99, ring up again and was told it is a system error, told them I spoke to someone and they could not find the call what a suprise, told them to stuff the policy and went back to the AA have never used them again.

Good luck but my guess is they will struggle to find you phonecall as well.

Did you know, that if they cant find the call then they have to agree with the customer?   :nerd: rules is rules

pkv0208

« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2010, 08:29 »
Hi,

Had a similar encounter with Admiral when renewing my dads policy on his 2.0 Passat. Got a quote online which was around £450 (with me 20yr old as named driver) which seemed quite reasonable. So went to confirm and pay over the phone and the price had gone up by £100! Was told it was a system error and the price i was given online was incorrect blah blah usual stuff.

So i argued, demanded to speak with a line manager who told me the same etc, so i requested to be put through to the underwriting department as i thought (correct me if im wrong) the law states if a product is advertised as said price then it must be sold for at that price and to find out why it had gone up.

To cut a long story short i was on the phone on and off for 2 days with no luck. Finally i was on the day of my renewal and getting p*ssed off, so i took the name and details of the manager and threatened him that if they do not sell me the policy for the price they advertised it at and therefore from the following day the car will be uninsured my dad would be unable to go to work and we would hold him personally accountable for loss of wages etc etc. He soon sh*t himself and agreed to use his "discretionary" manager discount and knocked it down to the original price! Haha....