Author Topic: New tyres suggestions?  (Read 124380 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: New tyres suggestions?
« Reply #270 on: 09 July 2015, 16:07 »
PSC2 tyres are superb in the dry and great for track use. However they are not as good as the PSS in the wet according to the labelling. Be interesting to find out how the PSS and PSC2 compare for ride, noise and wet performance.

i'm hoping they are here in time for next weeks visit to the isle of man  :laugh:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #271 on: 09 July 2015, 17:22 »
PSC2 tyres are superb in the dry and great for track use. However they are not as good as the PSS in the wet according to the labelling. Be interesting to find out how the PSS and PSC2 compare for ride, noise and wet performance.

i'm hoping they are here in time for next weeks visit to the isle of man  :laugh:

What's the Rim Protection like on the PSSes?

Avidly looking forward to an Andy style page long review, mainly for my bedtime read. :tongue:  :grin:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #272 on: 09 July 2015, 17:33 »

Bloody hell, have you not found out about the PSS rim protection yet??  You're slacking!  Anyone would think you're in the middle of a (Greek) crisis or something  :tongue:  :kiss: :kiss:
« Last Edit: 09 July 2015, 17:43 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #273 on: 09 July 2015, 17:35 »
My PSS are on 8" wheels at the moment and this is the rim protection, not the best but did survive when i ran out of talent

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #274 on: 09 July 2015, 17:48 »
My PSS are on 8" wheels at the moment and this is the rim protection, not the best but did survive when i ran out of talent

8" wheels, that's different  :grin:

Rim protection looks fairly non existent to me from those pics - in fact looks similar to the non rim protection version of Conti 5ps.  It is of no matter really as still going for the PSS anyway, regardless.  Enjoy Isle of Man wigit, come back in one piece, you and the R!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #275 on: 09 July 2015, 18:13 »

Bloody hell, have you not found out about the PSS rim protection yet??  You're slacking!  Anyone would think you're in the middle of a (Greek) crisis or something  :tongue:  :kiss: :kiss:

Believe it or not I saw my first 7R in Athens. White with 18" Cadiz shod with Conti 5 tyres. Did not bother checking the Rim Protection because they were Conti 5 tyres and you had already informed us of their Rim Protection or lack of, dwarling.  :tongue: :kiss: :grin:

So PSSes have ZERO RP. RIP.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #276 on: 09 July 2015, 18:17 »

Fcuk all with your diddy 8".  :wink:
« Last Edit: 09 July 2015, 18:19 by am1w »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #277 on: 09 July 2015, 19:10 »
Believe it or not I saw my first 7R in Athens. White with 18" Cadiz shod with Conti 5 tyres. Did not bother checking the Rim Protection because they were Conti 5 tyres and you had already informed us of their Rim Protection or lack of, dwarling.  :tongue: :kiss: :grin:

Well I'm glad you took my word for it about the Contis, otherwise you might have had to leg it down the road after the White 7R, to catch a glimpse of the non existent RP.  Or, if stationary, you may have had to employ your legendary motor car stalking skills.  Is there a special outfit you wear on these stalking occasions.  I do hope so  :laugh: :tongue: :kiss:

So now you know the PSS have next to no RP, are you reconsidering your choices??  Cue, more tyre reviews, that's if you have left any tyre stone unturned  :whistle:

With his 8"ers, wigit is the Anti Size Queen  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 09 July 2015, 19:13 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #278 on: 09 July 2015, 19:22 »

Well I'm glad you took my word for it about the Contis, otherwise you might have had to leg it down the road after the White 7R, to catch a glimpse of the non existent RP.  Or, if stationary, you may have had to employ your legendary motor car stalking skills.  Is there a special outfit you wear on these stalking occasions.  I do hope so  :laugh: :tongue: :kiss:

So now you know the PSS have next to no RP, are you reconsidering your choices??  Cue, more tyre reviews, that's if you have left any tyre stone unturned  :whistle:

With his 8"ers, wigit is the Anti Size Queen  :laugh:

I am bored with rubber. Next ........  :kiss:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #279 on: 09 July 2015, 20:19 »
I am bored with rubber. Next ........  :kiss:

I'm sure you'll find more interesting topics elsewhere.......cheerio!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual