Author Topic: busted sunroof  (Read 2128 times)

Offline forzanerazzurri

• Not said much yet
busted sunroof
« on: 17 June 2004, 11:08 »
my sunroof on my 85 gti seems ot have faile,d when i was cranking it closed somethign snappedf (probably the cable)  and now its stuck halkf open,  is there any way to fix this easilly?? the vw dealer said i needed a whole new assembly but i think its bs
'85 MK2 GTI BIGBUMPERS NeuspeedTurbo/SportSprings,Lowered 2"on15" BBSw/NittoTyres, PortPolish, Bored, 16VThrottleBody, NeuspeedShortShift, DubspeedBigBoreIntake, SwayBar, Racing

Offline forzanerazzurri

• Not said much yet
Re:busted sunroof
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2004, 04:36 »
bump
'85 MK2 GTI BIGBUMPERS NeuspeedTurbo/SportSprings,Lowered 2"on15" BBSw/NittoTyres, PortPolish, Bored, 16VThrottleBody, NeuspeedShortShift, DubspeedBigBoreIntake, SwayBar, Racing

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2004, 11:09 »
take the whole thing out, it isnt hard and look at it, some teeth could have snapped on the cog or the cable, just get a replacement unit from a scrappy. get a tilt and slide one out of a scirroco. either way they are self contained units and just swap over. shold be about 30 quid from a scrappy.

Offline forzanerazzurri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2004, 07:58 »
how do u start taking it out?? im terrified that if i get it out i wont be able to get it back in, caue ive got it 95% closed and it leaks only a little, but if its open  and i cant get it back in and it rains...well

Offline thegolffather

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2004, 11:08 »
swap it for an audi tilt an slide always some on the bay

its easy to get out. theres a guide in hayes manual Ive done loads.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2004, 13:53 »
the only problem getting them out is trying not to scratch the sunroof panel on the roof when you get it out. get a mate to help and when you pull it out have one either side of the car. its a lot easier like that ;)