Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166808 times)

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #3090 on: 01 March 2020, 14:34 »

My new car awaiting PDI at the dealership prior to collection on Monday :)

Spec:

MY20 Golf GTI Performance 5dr DSG:
- Atlantic Blue Metallic
- 19" Brescia Alloys
- Discover Pro

Great colour choice! I know, I know.......call me biased if you must.  :smiley:
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3091 on: 01 March 2020, 16:34 »
This picture/post got me thinking, are you allowed to pick up/tax/use a brand new car if the first registration day is a Sunday? All the more relevant with today being 1.3.20/Sunday
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3092 on: 01 March 2020, 16:45 »
Enjoy your new car Tallpaul, Atlantic Blue was my 1st choice, but ultimately chose Isaac Blue. Look forward to seeing more photos of your car!
MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3093 on: 01 March 2020, 18:47 »
This picture/post got me thinking, are you allowed to pick up/tax/use a brand new car if the first registration day is a Sunday? All the more relevant with today being 1.3.20/Sunday

Yes. I would have collected mine today but my salesperson didn’t have any handover appointments left, so it has to be tomorrow.

This was an unregistered car that the dealer had ordered for stock from the last of the build slots. I only put the deposit down last Friday.

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3094 on: 01 March 2020, 18:48 »
Enjoy your new car Tallpaul, Atlantic Blue was my 1st choice, but ultimately chose Isaac Blue. Look forward to seeing more photos of your car!

Thank you 👍

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3095 on: 01 March 2020, 20:36 »

Can't see why not, tax is online now? Spotted a 20 plate Rangey earlier on, had forgotten about new reg day until I saw it.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3096 on: 01 March 2020, 22:22 »
I get my GTI in the next few weeks - last I knew it was/is stuck in the sheerness compound (since 18.2.20) so just waiting for the dealer to receive it and subsequent pick up - probably a little while after 1.3.20 registration queue dies down
« Last Edit: 01 March 2020, 22:26 by mistac »
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3097 on: 05 March 2020, 14:09 »
Not a new arrival to me as I've had this one just over 3 years now from new, but a new arrival to the forum nonetheless.

Purchased new in November 2016
- 3 door
- Limestone Grey
- DSG
- Performance Pack
- Pano Roof
- Leather
- Discover Pro Nav
- Dynaudio
- 90% Rear tints

Here's a photo from the week of pickup

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k64mqzzt8sj4uqb/5D29684B-A072-4061-957A-3A6D001D2155JPG.jpg

Was very happy with the car for a couple of years as standard, but just before it came out of warranty last year, I made a couple of changes...  A set of BBS CH-R 18s (I hate diamond cut) and some genuine Golf R smoked tail lights.  Purely cosmetic stuff which wouldn't affect the warranty.  Briefly considered prets for a more OEM look on the wheels, but I didn't want to go 19 and the genuine 18 prets look a bit replica.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ntzmoizzpowhrp/IMG_20190805_173019.jpg

Not long after this, as soon as the warranty had expired, the standard springs were replaced with an Eibach Pro kit.  Very minor drop but every day useable.

I've pretty much decided that I am in for the long term on this car as there is nothing new at the moment that really excites me.  With that in mind the car went to Mountune this week for ECU stage 1, TCU remap and resonated cat back exhaust system.  They were doing a combo deal with fitting that was too good to turn down, also changed the BBS centre caps to red at the same time  :whistle:.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7m9rw9l1djf5gx/IMG_20200302_171745.jpg

First impressions, loving the new performance, there is a slight decrease in MPG, but at the same time, the economy mode is more everyday driveable so I'm using that more for my commute to work which is fairly boring to say the least.  A freind reckons performance wise that it's comparable to his M235.  The only thing I'm not convinced on so far is the exhaust.  It's got a nice sound to it, but is louder than I was expecting.  I'm going for a more OEM+ kind of thing with the car so I'm considering going back to stock or maybe a Clubsport S backbox with the standard centre pipe.

Probably some more mods to come in the near or not so near future.

Edit:  images not embedding, maybe a size thing?  Added urls.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2020, 15:26 by TippEx »
2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3098 on: 05 March 2020, 19:40 »
Welcome TippEx and what a fantastic GTI you have!
A rare combo of Limestone and 3 door.
Love the look of it on the CH-R’s too. Have you considered using SEAT wheel bolt caps to hide the naked bolts? I used those on my old BBS wheels as the VW ones don’t fit in the hollows.

Very tastefully nodded and look forward to hearing a bit more about the car in the future

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3099 on: 07 March 2020, 14:02 »
Thanks for the kind words Exonian.  Only ever seen one other 3 door in Limestone Grey so don't think there's many about.  Regarding the bolt caps I had been thinking of getting the black BBS bolts and black locking nuts but every time I think about it, I can think of much better things to be spending my money on.  Seat wheel bolt caps might be a good shout there.
2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1