Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166766 times)

Offline Wil

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2230 on: 16 May 2014, 18:45 »
Ffrank - your GTD looks immense. Nice work on the cleaning. It looks cracking!

zUgan - indeed that was me at Baldock services!

p3asa - I asked them just to power wash it. James mentioned that he either had or was handing over a car with all the stickers on it. I'm not sure that's the most sensible thing to do as the dealer then can't inspect the paintwork for any serious defects...

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2231 on: 16 May 2014, 18:57 »
I have had my new car for 4 weeks already but only just worked out how to upload pictures. A bog standard GTD and coming from 3no BMW 3 series I am very happy with the car overall, especially the noise and acceleration. Touch wood not a single problem. PS: It is not currently this clean  :undecided:

Which BMW?
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline kacee

• Just got here
« Reply #2232 on: 16 May 2014, 19:17 »
Mine is from JCB and my contact there was telling me about someone on this forum collecting their car with all the stickers still on it.
Did you get them to give it a non contact wash?

That could be me, I am picking it up next Saturday and taking it straight to the detailers for the works. When its done I will post some pictures. The detailers are quite insistant on leaving the stickers etc on so they have a blank canvas to work from

Offline Dave the Cat

• Not said much yet
  • CSG Golf GTD
« Reply #2233 on: 16 May 2014, 20:09 »

Which BMW?
[/quote]

I had a 54 plate 320M sport coupe, a 08 plate 318D M sport and an 11 plate 318D M sport, i did not think i would move away from BMW but was tempted by the low emissions and performance - the GTD was the fastest TAX dodger on my company car list  :grin:

My only complaint with the GTD is the lack of adjustment on the seats, the BMW's seat had the extendable leg supports and you could adjust the height and the rock individually to get the perfect position. I am getting used to the VW seats and the MPG is getting better with every tank, currently costing me on average 12p per mile and it is better equipped. Although the mpg can dip dramatically when whipping all 184 horses  :evil:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2234 on: 16 May 2014, 22:49 »
Mine is from JCB and my contact there was telling me about someone on this forum collecting their car with all the stickers still on it.
Did you get them to give it a non contact wash?

That could be me, I am picking it up next Saturday and taking it straight to the detailers for the works. When its done I will post some pictures. The detailers are quite insistant on leaving the stickers etc on so they have a blank canvas to work from

No he picked it up a few months back and was from Aberdeen I'm sure.

Cheers Wil. I'm tempted to do the same myself. Out of curiosity did you do the journey home in one go or did you stop off for the night?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #2235 on: 16 May 2014, 23:13 »
Out of curiosity did you do the journey home in one go or did you stop off for the night?

You can do it in one stint - I done it last October taking mine back to Belfast via Cairnryan!!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #2236 on: 16 May 2014, 23:46 »
Ffrank - your GTD looks immense. Nice work on the cleaning. It looks cracking!
Thanks Will! Your gti looks amazing and the red badges look great with the white and the Santi's, enjoy :) I keep thinking of reasons I need to drive somewhere  :whistle:

Offline Wil

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2237 on: 17 May 2014, 09:59 »
p3asa - You could it in one stint but my parents live in Yorkshire so I stopped off there for the night. It was 3 1/2 hours to there, the 5 1/2 hours to Aberdeen. Not too bad to be honest... although my girlfriend was with me a drove a bit of it too!!! I'm really bad for getting tired whilst driving long distance.

kacee - that's fair enough then! Would love to see the photos when it's done!

Offline kacee

• Just got here
« Reply #2238 on: 17 May 2014, 19:54 »

kacee - that's fair enough then! Would love to see the photos when it's done!

The guys that are doing it are just outside Stirling. They keep a full photographic record of the job. Hopefully it gives you the idea of how good they can bring the finish up.

My mate had a car done recently, its amazing to see the amount of work and effort they put in, but the results are worth it.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2239 on: 18 May 2014, 13:46 »
Probabaly that was me - although its a growing trend.... it was just like unwarapping a present - why give someone else the fun. I then took it to a pro detailer for the ful days prep - looked amazing after that (CG GTD 3-door)!