Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166749 times)

Offline JellyB

• GTI forum regular
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1760 on: 17 December 2013, 21:50 »
Was finally able to grab a decent photo when it nearly stopped raining...  :smiley:

Offline SCGTI2013

• Just got here
« Reply #1761 on: 17 December 2013, 21:59 »
My Gti has the following spec  - Oryx White - Performance Pack - DynAudio - Dynamic Chassis Control - Discover Pro Sat - Winter Pack - Reversing Camera - Heated front screen - Advanced Telephone preparation - Santiago Wheels. Got a bit carried away ticking the option list boxes. :smiley:
2013 Mk7 GTI - Oryx White - Performance Pack - DynAudio - Dynamic Chassis Control - Discover Pro Sat - Winter Pack - Reversing Camera - Heated front screen - Advanced Telephone preparation - Santiago Wheels

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1762 on: 18 December 2013, 08:38 »
That's a pretty comprehensive spec list! Looks amazing!  :grin:
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1763 on: 18 December 2013, 10:57 »
At least you stuck with the cloth interior - adding leather would have made your options cost go in to five figures (well nearly)!

I have a rule with options - always keep their cost to less than the amount of discount received - in other words make sure that the price you are paying is still less than list whatever options are added.

Offline stiggy786

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1764 on: 18 December 2013, 22:48 »
At least you stuck with the cloth interior - adding leather would have made your options cost go in to five figures (well nearly)!

I have a rule with options - always keep their cost to less than the amount of discount received - in other words make sure that the price you are paying is still less than list whatever options are added.

Does that effectively work out as all the options for free and a wee bit off the car too??
**Mk7 GTI**5 door**Manual**Performance Pack**Pure White**Discover Nav**Panoramic Roof**Keyless**AutoGlym**3yr Service Plan**Ordered Oct 2013**BW46**

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1765 on: 19 December 2013, 07:13 »
And I thought I'd gone a bit mad spending around 4k on options!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1766 on: 19 December 2013, 08:51 »
Does that effectively work out as all the options for free and a wee bit off the car too??
Spot on - just makes it still seem 'sensible' despite speccing Pro nav, reverse camera, winter pack, Park Assist, High Beam assist and Dynaudio!

No - you are excused. I think anyone who specs leather and Pro-nav is mad! With apologies to anyone who has  :tongue:
« Last Edit: 19 December 2013, 08:55 by Mark V GTD »

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1767 on: 19 December 2013, 10:17 »
Spot on - just makes it still seem 'sensible' despite speccing Pro nav, reverse camera, winter pack, Park Assist, High Beam assist and Dynaudio!

No - you are excused. I think anyone who specs leather and Pro-nav is mad! With apologies to anyone who has  :tongue:

I specced leather (but without sounding like some sort of wierdo, I really like leather!) but definitely had to make a decision to sacrifice any form of nav and the (in my opinion) better looking 19" wheels to have it.

That said, I'll be changing the standard alloys for something a little nicer (and easier to clean)
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1768 on: 19 December 2013, 16:55 »
How do you get on with leather seats in the Cyprus climate - when I last went ther (in August) it was rather warm?

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1769 on: 19 December 2013, 17:50 »
I'll tell you late March which is the earliest I can get it here!!

Apparently (if I wanted) I could have it anytime from the middle of January but I can't get it on a boat until 10th March. The problem is that if I don't export it within 60 days of first registration, I become liable for the VAT on it, sowith the sailing date on 10th, I'll pick it up on the 3rd/4th so I can get it on a 14 plate (I'll be bringing it back to the UK at some point).

I normally use one of those reflective sunblinds on the windscreen and (whilst it's as illegal out here as it is in the UK) I'll get a light tint added to the front side windows too.

At least the car's white which should help!