Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166809 times)

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1550 on: 29 October 2013, 22:38 »
@chazzypuk glad I could oblige. More to come when I actually pick it up  :wink:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline EliteBajan

• Not said much yet
Re:
« Reply #1551 on: 30 October 2013, 10:17 »
I can't sleep, it's a mixture of excitement and fear.

Fear that someone troubles my new pride of joy and excitement after having driven over three hundred miles in three days after picking up my car from Wayside Milton Keynes. While I was there someone else was collecting a white one, but I didn't get a chance to speak with him.

Where do I start? Do I talk about how refined the car is? Or about the quality of the finish? Maybe how comfortable it? Should I start with the myriad of options and menus?

I think I'll start with the performance!! I've tried really hard to contain myself and be sensible. I wanted to run it in gently...........but things haven't quite gone to plan!! I think that on the motorway the car feels so refined that it doesn't actually feel that quick. Then I took a drive the other night through some country lanes and fast B roads and I have to say that I was very impressed. The car felt so fluid and the body control was excellent as the car went from one bend to another. As the revs rose the car showed it was fit for purpose. I know some feel you only need the performance pack if you're going on track but I can't be sure of what level of difference it made but I found the handling to be very good. Precise, sure footed, with the car going exactly where you point it. Very confidence inspiring.

After my initial test drive I found a couple things didn't sit easy with me. The steering in sport and the artificial exhaust note. Having spent a considerable time in the car I still don't like the exhaust note while in sport but I have found the steering in sport to be very good, linear and well weighted.

There are so many things I could talk about, little nuances, that make owning this car a real pleasure. As always there are one or two niggles that make think why did VW do that? For instance, why didn't they put the red light strip in the back of the car as well or why is there no USB in the car? And I'm hoping that we can have our wing mirrors programmed to unfold when the car is unlocked like the post B/W 45ers.

To be honest my list of moans are small. I really am enjoying the car and never rush to come home from work, I just want to keep driving it.

One thing I have to mention before I finish is the auto handbrake and stop start. I thought I was going to absolutely hate these features but I have to say after my initial bunny hopping on a hill  :embarrassed: :whistle: I find them brilliant. They are so intuitive to use and make life so easy.

If you hadn't guessed by now I love this car, it's a combination of several things that make it such a good package. Not least, the impressive sound quality and weight of sound from the Dynaudio! Absolutely it's not for everyone but for me it's spot on.

Thanks for reading my rambling and happy motoring to one and all.

Candy White Mk6 GTI 2012 - Bog standard! Weight saving you understand (stolen March 2013)

Solid Black Mk7 5dr, Leather, Performance Pack & Dynaudio.

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
Re:
« Reply #1552 on: 30 October 2013, 10:49 »
I can't sleep, it's a mixture of excitement and fear.

Fear that someone troubles my new pride of joy and excitement after having driven over three hundred miles in three days after picking up my car from Wayside Milton Keynes. While I was there someone else was collecting a white one, but I didn't get a chance to speak with him.

Where do I start? Do I talk about how refined the car is? Or about the quality of the finish? Maybe how comfortable it? Should I start with the myriad of options and menus?

I think I'll start with the performance!! I've tried really hard to contain myself and be sensible. I wanted to run it in gently...........but things haven't quite gone to plan!! I think that on the motorway the car feels so refined that it doesn't actually feel that quick. Then I took a drive the other night through some country lanes and fast B roads and I have to say that I was very impressed. The car felt so fluid and the body control was excellent as the car went from one bend to another. As the revs rose the car showed it was fit for purpose. I know some feel you only need the performance pack if you're going on track but I can't be sure of what level of difference it made but I found the handling to be very good. Precise, sure footed, with the car going exactly where you point it. Very confidence inspiring.

After my initial test drive I found a couple things didn't sit easy with me. The steering in sport and the artificial exhaust note. Having spent a considerable time in the car I still don't like the exhaust note while in sport but I have found the steering in sport to be very good, linear and well weighted.

There are so many things I could talk about, little nuances, that make owning this car a real pleasure. As always there are one or two niggles that make think why did VW do that? For instance, why didn't they put the red light strip in the back of the car as well or why is there no USB in the car? And I'm hoping that we can have our wing mirrors programmed to unfold when the car is unlocked like the post B/W 45ers.

To be honest my list of moans are small. I really am enjoying the car and never rush to come home from work, I just want to keep driving it.

One thing I have to mention before I finish is the auto handbrake and stop start. I thought I was going to absolutely hate these features but I have to say after my initial bunny hopping on a hill  :embarrassed: :whistle: I find them brilliant. They are so intuitive to use and make life so easy.

If you hadn't guessed by now I love this car, it's a combination of several things that make it such a good package. Not least, the impressive sound quality and weight of sound from the Dynaudio! Absolutely it's not for everyone but for me it's spot on.

Thanks for reading my rambling and happy motoring to one and all.

Brilliant review, thank you! You should be a journalist, inspiring read. Very very pleased to hear you are loving the car so much.  :grin: Makes the waiting worth while!
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1553 on: 30 October 2013, 10:59 »
If you want rid of the exhaust note but not the sport steering, stick it in “individual” mode and make every selectable item “sport” except “engine”, which you could select as “normal” – although that will blunt the throttle response a little (it doesn’t seem currently possible to separate sound actuator from throttle response unless maybe it is deactivated in VCDS or you can unplug it).

There is no-one who doesn’t like this car once they finally get theirs.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #1554 on: 30 October 2013, 12:59 »
Lovely SamGTD and Mark! Finally it arrives!

Get the wax on ASAP!! The roads are a nightmare ATM. I have cleaned mine 7 times now!
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #1555 on: 30 October 2013, 16:32 »
First glimpse of my white steed (taken on salesman's phone). It lives :evil:

Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Chief1337

• Here all the time
« Reply #1556 on: 30 October 2013, 17:03 »
Wehey! Looks great! :-)

When do you collect?

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1557 on: 30 October 2013, 19:51 »
First glimpse of my white steed (taken on salesman's phone). It lives :evil:

Lovely mate.

Sorry didn't get a chance to look around JCB on Monday and take a snap - long story but was in a bit of a rush!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1558 on: 30 October 2013, 21:54 »
Take me home, take me home now!

Looks great. :cool:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1559 on: 30 October 2013, 22:08 »
Collection day for me!

I'm very happy boy!