Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166832 times)

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1490 on: 23 October 2013, 15:09 »
My new MkVII Tornado Red, collected over a week ago... been driving a few days now and can safety say its a very very good car.

I concur with my learned colleague that it is a brilliant motor and a very rapid one too. Enjoyed the run out in it  :cool:

It seems to be getting quicker too Sam lol haven't even fully opened her out yet thou  :cool: :smiley:

I am at about 1000 miles so far and it's getting faster. (And I am also learning how to get the most out of it through the gears).

I am mostly doing runs from Antrim to Belfast and back again and getting about 41mpg and that includes smaller runs and being heavy footed. Not too shabby. (In Sport mode most of the time).

Amazing car and drives much better than my old 2010 C-Class 220 CDI sport!
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1491 on: 23 October 2013, 16:38 »
Finally got around to cleaning it. Clayed with Bilt Hamber Soft, polished with Menzerna, sealed with Prima Amigo and waxed with Victoria Concours...

Now THAT is stunning! I'm ordering the same spec as that, so glad to see that it looks amazing!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #1492 on: 23 October 2013, 16:49 »
My new MkVII Tornado Red, collected over a week ago... been driving a few days now and can safety say its a very very good car.

I concur with my learned colleague that it is a brilliant motor and a very rapid one too. Enjoyed the run out in it  :cool:

It seems to be getting quicker too Sam lol haven't even fully opened her out yet thou  :cool: :smiley:

I am at about 1000 miles so far and it's getting faster. (And I am also learning how to get the most out of it through the gears).

I am mostly doing runs from Antrim to Belfast and back again and getting about 41mpg and that includes smaller runs and being heavy footed. Not too shabby. (In Sport mode most of the time).

Amazing car and drives much better than my old 2010 C-Class 220 CDI sport!

Excellent news lads. Looks like I need to get the miles on the car when I eventually get it and tap into this power. That fuel consumption sounds like heaven. My MPG averages around 26, so 40's in the GTD  :laugh:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Andyl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1493 on: 25 October 2013, 06:21 »
Collecting my Oryx GTD today  :grin: it is hammering down currently  :angry:

GTD, Oryx, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, DSG, Winter Pack, ACC, Air Bags, Park Assist, Keyless Entry

Offline Kingsley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1494 on: 25 October 2013, 08:10 »
Enjoy Andyl

I collect my Carbon Grey GTD next Tuesday all going to plan. I ordered mid-July so pretty happy with the wait.

I was very disciplined though, I never asked for the tracker number (didn't want to waste 3 months of my life pressing refresh!), and said to the dealer up front I absolutely would not wait more than 4 months for a Deisel Golf, I would just move on.

He did all the chasing, rather nervous of my couldn't-care attitude.

Underneath? Excited like a child at Xmas.
Carbon Grey GTD on order

Offline Andyl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1495 on: 25 October 2013, 08:13 »
My order was confirmed on 26th April !! So i make that one day short of 6 Months...

Enjoy yours too

GTD, Oryx, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, DSG, Winter Pack, ACC, Air Bags, Park Assist, Keyless Entry

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1496 on: 25 October 2013, 11:28 »
MPG seems to be improving even more. After a good steady drive to work this morning I managed 50.5mpg

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #1497 on: 25 October 2013, 11:42 »
Are you manual or DSG MKVII?

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1498 on: 25 October 2013, 12:02 »
Are you manual or DSG MKVII?

DSG

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #1499 on: 25 October 2013, 12:16 »
Cool, am DSG so will be happy with that. My commute is 40 miles each way on a mixture of single track roads or B roads so little or no traffic most of the way. Get long term average in my MkV gt tdi of 47.5. One way is downhill the whole way, the other uphill.