Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166785 times)

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1280 on: 01 October 2013, 10:00 »
Looks amazing Dully!

I agree about the colours, for me it was down to the Red or White, but I went white as it looks the mutts nutz with the black panoramic roof.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1281 on: 01 October 2013, 13:58 »
monkeyhanger, regarding the  c2v3 treatment I sprayed about four times per large panel. It appears that the rear has attracted loads of dust but it's just sitting on it but you can really see it in black. Should this be happening and in your opinion would you treat it again midway through winter or leave it for the full 8 months.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1282 on: 01 October 2013, 15:26 »
monkeyhanger, regarding the  c2v3 treatment I sprayed about four times per large panel. It appears that the rear has attracted loads of dust but it's just sitting on it but you can really see it in black. Should this be happening and in your opinion would you treat it again midway through winter or leave it for the full 8 months.

My dads DBP is going strong 3 months after 1 coat. Muck just slides off with washing. No reason to doubt the claimed longevity of 8 months so far. Mine got an extra body coat a week after first application, my wheels have had 3 coats. The Golf body shape seems to attract muck to the back end, and poor draining on the rear bumper seems to attract water marks on the top of the bumper where it meets the boot lid. Nothing we can really do about that.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1283 on: 01 October 2013, 19:20 »
Finally picked her up tonight! Quick showroom photo, it's dark now so will take some more tomorrow.

First impressions after a 25 mile drive back on some nice roads -

Sounds very nice, deep and throaty
Glad I picked leather
Feels so solid on cornering (kept it in Sport)
Zenons are so bright
Love the wing mirror lights shining down to illuminate as you lock or unlock
Really like the interior lighting and instrument lighting

Looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow  :laugh:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnnewiq4swoa54p/2013-09-30%2018.16.27.jpg

Will definitely take some more pictures and a better review soon but at the moment I am spending too much time just driving it, it has been said before but you guys still waiting need to hang on in there as it is worth it.

Latest observation, glad I did not specify the upgrade audio as I am driving it with no sounds on so I can listen to that lovely engine note  :laugh:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline HD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1284 on: 03 October 2013, 19:32 »
Finally picked my GTD up 2 days ago!

I havent had chance to take pictures yet I will give it a good clean on Sunday and then take some. 

1st impressions.......I love it!

It looks ace, it is standard black with the standard 18" alloys and it looks the dogs!  I actually prefer the GTD exhaust to the split GTI exhaust.
Inside the build quality is amazing and feels so solid.

I can't seem to get the hang of the auto handbrake, it seems to stay on sometimes when i try to pull off? Maybe a fault but prob user error. 
The mpg is terrible also!  I have only done 120 miles but averaged 38mpg.  I know I have put the hammer down a bit and a lot is around town but compared to what VW quoted that is terrible!

Only a short review,  it was well worth the wait!

Any pics of it up mate?? Been looking for one sporting the standard black??

Thanks.

Offline lambo1984

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1285 on: 03 October 2013, 22:04 »
Woooo finally picked up my golf gtd DBP and all I can say is what a car it's a absolute ANIMAL! Looks well better in the flesh anyone still waiting hold tight believe me it worth waiting for.  Il post pics on the weekend once I've cleaned it. What a vehicle!

Offline GTI_Jeff

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1286 on: 03 October 2013, 22:37 »
I both love and hate looking at this thread...... Love it when I see the beast I'm going to be picking up and hate it that I haven't picked it up yet!!

Not sure it'll be as good as the first time I heard the v8 @ 8,500 rpm on my M3... :whistle: but certainly very excited!!
Previous cars... 3x Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20vT, E46 BMW 330d, remapped E92 BMW 335i coupe, E92 BMW M3 coupe, Audi S3 (and half an E36 BMW M3 evo, followed by an E46 M3 track day specials). Current car - pure white, manual, 5 door performance pack GTI. On order lapiz blue 5 door DSG Golf R.... Build week 6/2016!!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1287 on: 03 October 2013, 22:45 »
I both love and hate looking at this thread...... Love it when I see the beast I'm going to be picking up and hate it that I haven't picked it up yet!!

Not sure it'll be as good as the first time I heard the v8 @ 8,500 rpm on my M3... :whistle: but certainly very excited!!

I don't think it's quite in the same league as an M3

Offline GTI_Jeff

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1288 on: 03 October 2013, 22:56 »

I don't think it's quite in the same league as an M3

Obviously not, but at least the baby seat will go in the back of it easily (and I won't miss road tax renewal time and filling up every 200 miles).

Although I did find this video that I did, god I forgot how good it sounded

« Last Edit: 03 October 2013, 23:21 by GTI_Jeff »
Previous cars... 3x Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20vT, E46 BMW 330d, remapped E92 BMW 335i coupe, E92 BMW M3 coupe, Audi S3 (and half an E36 BMW M3 evo, followed by an E46 M3 track day specials). Current car - pure white, manual, 5 door performance pack GTI. On order lapiz blue 5 door DSG Golf R.... Build week 6/2016!!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1289 on: 04 October 2013, 10:17 »

Although I did find this video that I did, god I forgot how good it sounded

My god is that your drive?!  :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14