Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166777 times)

Offline lambo1984

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1250 on: 26 September 2013, 22:02 »
Lambo how are you going to wait that long. You my friend need to be rewarded for your patience.

Matchboy re the mirrors when reversing, you need to activate it in the setup section of the car.

Also just noticed on my way home the rear reading lights are on is this standard.

I'm telling you mate think we all need a medal and VW need a slap for making us wait so long. I asked my dealer if I could have it the weekend but he's saying it takes 4 days to PDI and tax to arrive is he having me on do u think? Or could it be because I'm leasing it?

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1251 on: 26 September 2013, 22:17 »
Yeah he's having you on. Couple of hours to PDI and you drive out without the tax. It comes via the post now!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline tuscan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1252 on: 26 September 2013, 22:20 »
Finally picked my GTD up 2 days ago!

I havent had chance to take pictures yet I will give it a good clean on Sunday and then take some. 

1st impressions.......I love it!

It looks ace, it is standard black with the standard 18" alloys and it looks the dogs!  I actually prefer the GTD exhaust to the split GTI exhaust.
Inside the build quality is amazing and feels so solid.

I can't seem to get the hang of the auto handbrake, it seems to stay on sometimes when i try to pull off? Maybe a fault but prob user error. 
The mpg is terrible also!  I have only done 120 miles but averaged 38mpg.  I know I have put the hammer down a bit and a lot is around town but compared to what VW quoted that is terrible!

Only a short review,  it was well worth the wait!

Offline lambo1984

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1253 on: 26 September 2013, 22:42 »
Yeah he's having you on. Couple of hours to PDI and you drive out without the tax. It comes via the post now!!

Think il be making a phone call tomorrow then :angry:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1254 on: 26 September 2013, 23:16 »
Will be interesting to see our new GTD/I owners now tell us how they have got on in races up and down the country.....sounds like a potential new thread!

Until the coppers have a read and start looking out for us!  :laugh:

My bad Norbreck, but I still reckon you would have caned them in the GTD, particularly with DSG!

I'd love to know the real 0-60 times, just been out on a quiz night and with not much traffic on the roads I had a serious blast and it's ridiculously quick!  Particularly when 2 chavs in a fiesta tried their luck - not a chance in hell boys..... :whistle:  :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1255 on: 26 September 2013, 23:18 »
Particularly when 2 chavs in a fiesta tried their luck - not a chance in hell boys..... :whistle:  :cool:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1256 on: 26 September 2013, 23:27 »
Particularly when 2 chavs in a fiesta tried their luck - not a chance in hell boys..... :whistle:  :cool:

Haha done the same when going to a national strip with a poser in a beemer (sorry bear  :smiley:) trying a sneaky undertake, no chance  :laugh:
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1257 on: 26 September 2013, 23:54 »

Think il be making a phone call tomorrow then :angry:

You need to get onto it first thing. My car arrived at the dealership around 12.30 on Tuesday It was ready Wednesday afternoon and collected at 5
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #1258 on: 26 September 2013, 23:55 »
Will be interesting to see our new GTD/I owners now tell us how they have got on in races up and down the country.....sounds like a potential new thread!

Until the coppers have a read and start looking out for us!  :laugh:

My bad Norbreck, but I still reckon you would have caned them in the GTD, particularly with DSG!

I'd love to know the real 0-60 times, just been out on a quiz night and with not much traffic on the roads I had a serious blast and it's ridiculously quick!  Particularly when 2 chavs in a fiesta tried their luck - not a chance in hell boys..... :whistle:  :cool:
get it to a local drag strip find out  :wink:

Offline Misterp

• I live here
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.