Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166822 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1130 on: 20 September 2013, 22:25 »
Kind of regret not speccing the dynaudio

You could always get the amp from the accessories brochure if your not happy with the quality. Probably not quite as good as the Dynaudio but wouldn't be far off

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1131 on: 21 September 2013, 09:25 »
Praise The Lord, my car has just been dropped off at the dealers, going in tomorrow to have a quick look, can collect mid week but I am away so it will be Friday I think, very excited now  :laugh:
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1132 on: 21 September 2013, 09:36 »
Praise The Lord, my car has just been dropped off at the dealers, going in tomorrow to have a quick look, can collect mid week but I am away so it will be Friday I think, very excited now  :laugh:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: nice one!

Offline GTI-Newbie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1133 on: 21 September 2013, 10:53 »

Have been meaning to do this for a while now so here goes.

I can summarise it in one word.....amazing!!

In fairness, I have never owned a GTI before and my previous car was a Toyota Avensis i.e. much less power there so this was not a step up.....more of a rocket boost up!!

Performance
Although I have only done 250 miles I haven't really had much time to test it but have pushed it a bit here and there and just going by that I have been blown away!! What is scary is how willing it goes so quick and not only that, it's so damn stable. In my old car if I thrash it I am holding on for dear life as it gets a but uncomfortable especially when i get to a bend. Going around bends.....bloody hell, I took an exit off a motorway at 70 miles an hour without realising.....I used to struggle doing that at 40 in my old car.

I am averaging 31mpg and that's not driving it hard so I can imagine it will be worse when it's run in but hey I didn't buy the car to drive it slow.

Interior
This is one thing that I so love about this car even over previous models.....the interior is so good lookin. Unlike the Beemer which looks unorganised and out of place (I was considering the 1 series and 3 series saloon at one stage) this interior seems like VW have really though about the driver and I feel that the cabin is wrapped around me. Even the dash is curved slightly and feels effortless to use. The drivers seat is very comfortable and the steering wheel feels so good and great to use. Sorry if I am sounding a bit over excited but that's how I feel about it. In fairness I have been lusting over a GTI for like 20 years so after a looooong wait my dream has finally come true and have been able to afford one!!

Ok getting back on track the lights and infotainment system are so great. I was able to sync my iPhone effortlessly and it works a treat. I am still discovering things everyday! The internal lights and really stunning without being over bearing.

Exterior
What a sexy looking car......one thing I hate about sports cars is some are way over the top. Also some look so over complicated that it looks ugly but the GTI looks ballzy but at the same time classy!! Every time I look at the car it puts a smile on my face and I can't wait to drive it. Also a lot ppl on here like to keep the car spotless which in fairness when clean the car is stunning but to be honest I don't mind the car lookin a bit dirty as it makes it look like a hard @ss hahhaa I am weird i know and having said that I will be getting it detailed regularly.

Don't like
Nothing at all......it is perfect for what I want from a car. There 2 things that are annoying and that is the automatic handbrake so I have disabled it. The Nav turns the music down when it wants to tell me I need to turn but am sure I can turn the volume off. Oh yeah I hate running in the car!! I didn't buy it to drive like a grandma so bit by bit i am pushing it and trying to vary the speeds as much as possible as per the advice on here and in the manual.

General
I am sure I read this here somewhere, I also find myself paranoid that the car will get scratched or stolen to the point I am waking up in the middle of the night checking on the car! The wife thinks i am insane and need medical attention coz to her its a bit of metal on wheels which I then threatened her with divorce if she says that again. I am thinking of getting a CCTV camera setup in the driveway.

Anyway that's about it from me.....what I will say is that this car is worth the wait...you will NOT be disappointed!!

Current: Deep Black Mk7 GTI with Sat Nav and winter pack

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1134 on: 21 September 2013, 11:00 »
Excellent write up mate! It's a cracker isn't it!! And I  :grin: at the waking up and looking at the car - I'm constantly looking out the window checking it (my wife also thinks I'm losing the plot!)

Looks awesome in that colour as well!!  Start giving it some more beans!  :laugh:

My missus took my car earlier to go on her park run - she said when she was driving back two chavs in a Saxo clocked the car and she said it was like they were watching a tennis ball fly past, their heads moving watching my car go by with their mouths open while pointing - brilliant! I didn't buy the car to flash off or get looks, but that kind of reaction is pretty  :cool: (even if it is from chavs  :laugh:)
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1135 on: 21 September 2013, 11:09 »
My missus took my car earlier to go on her park run - she said when she was driving back two chavs in a Saxo clocked the car and she said it was like they were watching a tennis ball fly past, their heads moving watching my car go by with their mouths open while pointing - brilliant! I didn't buy the car to flash off or get looks, but that kind of reaction is pretty  :cool: (even if it is from chavs  :laugh:)

Give it 7 years until your used car is in their price range and they'll find some novel way of ruining the looks with some tat from Halfords - then you will be open mouthed when you see it, for a very different reason!  :grin:

I just noticed a highly annoying little high pitched squeak that seems to be coming from the suspension below 40mph - like a rubbery squeak/underwater gurgle. Thought it might be the fuel sloshing about in the tank bbuut pretty sure it is the suspension. I will be going for a look to check those transport spring cones aren't still in place!  :laugh:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1136 on: 21 September 2013, 11:35 »
Not having much luck at the moment are you! Hopefully it's nothing!

Yeah, they were in a "suped" up Saxo  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1137 on: 21 September 2013, 11:40 »
Thought I'd add my photos into here. Not as shiny as some of yours. Waiting on the arrival of some cleaning products then will give it a full clean down.

Offline GTI-Newbie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1138 on: 21 September 2013, 11:43 »
Looks awesome KyleB....great pics!
Current: Deep Black Mk7 GTI with Sat Nav and winter pack

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1139 on: 21 September 2013, 11:46 »
Very, very nice.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.