Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1167135 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: New arrival and quick question
« Reply #1050 on: 17 September 2013, 13:58 »
Not so far. Leon/Golf/A3 used to be renowned (not a hell of a lot of them affected, but it was a well known issue) for issues with the steering rack around the era of the MK5 Golf, not sure whether they ever solved it. My first MK5 Golf had 2 replacements. Like a creak and a thump when you reach full lock.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1051 on: 17 September 2013, 14:15 »
My MK6 used to creak and groan a lot on approaching full lock but only when the car was very wet... it'd be really noticeable in a multistory carpark on a wet day. I mentioned it to the dealer, they told me it was normal. They even showed me a bulletin from VW stating some steering noise was "normal". I forgot about it and eventually it actually went away itself! Early MK5's were notorious for a creaking steering rack, I don't know if it was the same issue as I had in the Mk6.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1052 on: 17 September 2013, 15:34 »
That looks very very nice! For I moment I was going to say that is an amazing garage you have then realised it was the showroom  :grin:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1053 on: 17 September 2013, 15:56 »
Now that does look special. Beautiful motor, and glad the dealer sorted the exhaust out so quickly and effortlessly for you.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline phil_790

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1054 on: 17 September 2013, 17:52 »
I did like the fact that the car was inside the showroom on the first floor when I went to collect it, I thought it was a nice little touch.

Just been to the dealers about the noise form the steering, the technician came and had a look at it, says he has heard it before on a mk7 golf. Car booked in for it to be sorted next week. My dealers have always been good at getting things sorted which is good.

Btw loving the carbon grey pics!

Cheers,
Phil

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1055 on: 17 September 2013, 21:16 »
Nearly there for me...Thursday morning  :smiley: mind you, the car has been sat in Listers Worcester for over a week!

GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline blueheaduk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1056 on: 17 September 2013, 22:15 »

Old TDI and the new GTI :-)

DPB just arrived. Need to learn how to detail!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1057 on: 17 September 2013, 22:31 »

Old TDI and the new GTI :-)

DPB just arrived. Need to learn how to detail!

Stunning mate!  :smiley:

Offline titusrider

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1058 on: 18 September 2013, 13:45 »
Hi guys,

I picked up my GTI last week...what a car, I thought the Scirocco was good but this is so much better in pretty much every respect!

I have one quick question though, I have noticed a bit of a creaking noise coming from the steering when on full lock, I think it might be just something that needs a bit of grease, but before I get in touch with the garage (and potentially look like a numpty!) I wondered if anyone else had had this problem on a MK7?

PS Below is a picture of the car in the dealership when I collect it!

Thanks,
Phil

Lovely car, that's exactly how mines gonna look (in a few months time!) 
I test drove at crawley, did you manage much movement on the price there?
I got offered about £1000 off when I pushed hard but have gone for drive the deal
Collected Jan 4th: MK7 gti, red, 3dr, PP, DCC (dampers), Dynaudio, Nav

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1059 on: 18 September 2013, 16:47 »
Blinking heck, they are arriving thick and fast at the moment. Maybe the bottle neck is easing ?

Matchboy, don't forget to drop yours on here in a couple of days when you've picked it up.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras