Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1166885 times)

Offline EliteBajan

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #980 on: 14 September 2013, 23:02 »
That looks amazing!!

I wish I had your patience.
Candy White Mk6 GTI 2012 - Bog standard! Weight saving you understand (stolen March 2013)

Solid Black Mk7 5dr, Leather, Performance Pack & Dynaudio.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #981 on: 14 September 2013, 23:03 »
Went to McDonalds this evening with the wife and kids. Couldn't believe the reaction I got.

A couple of "chavs" in a Corsa drove past it twice as we were getting out then shouted, "mint car mate" ! Then had about 6 people walk up to it or point at it. To be honest, it was a bit un-nerving at first  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #982 on: 14 September 2013, 23:05 »
Get used to it, it happens a lot.

All sorts of people.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #983 on: 14 September 2013, 23:17 »
Great looking car Norbreck and love all the pics!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #984 on: 14 September 2013, 23:25 »
What a great job you have done with the detailing. The black plastic slits on the front against the white look brilliant. Lovely car fella!  :smiley:

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #985 on: 15 September 2013, 00:46 »
Stunning car Norbreck. You really treated her to the car equivalent of a spa day! Makes me want mine even more now. The poor old ST hasn't had a wash in 3 months!

Happy motoring fellow GTD'er :)
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline EpicUsername

• Not said much yet
« Reply #986 on: 15 September 2013, 08:43 »
Well, today after what seemed to be an eternity, I finally collected my new MK7 Golf GTD, and she was certainly worth the wait. Was really sorry to see the old Scirocco go but hey, that’s progress.

I had asked the dealer not to prep the car so the paint work was in excellent condition. So, this is what greeted us this morning at the dealership. Sorry, went a bit overboard with the photos.

DSC_0950 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_0953 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_0954 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSC_0958 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

So, afterwards, drove the car straight home and began the preparation process.

First I removed the number plates, then power washed the car down, followed by a liberal coating of AF Snow foam. Whilst the snow foam as dwelling, I hit all the nooks and crannies with a detailing brush with Megs APC. Then rinsed.

Followed with a hand wash using the Two bucket method with Megs lambswool mits. Then rinsed.

Hit the paintwork with a liberal coat of Iron-X, and i was genuinely surprised at the level of fall out the car had. Then rinsed.

Followed with Autosmart Tardis to remove the last of the glue marks from the transport sheets.

Clayed the car with Bilt Hamer soft clay (which to be honest removed very little). Then washed the car again, rinsed and dried with waffle drying towels and my hot air blower. With the paintwork now clan and smooth, I used Werkstat Prime on a DA with a polishing pad, followed by a coat of AF Tripple on a foam applicator.

Finally, 2 coats of GTechniq C2V3 applied leaving the paintwork like glass. Wheels were cleaned and decontaminated and Poorboys wheel sealant applied. All black trim hit with GTechniq C4 trim restorer, and finally glass cleaned with GTechniq G4 Glass polish.

Interior was as you would expect  in mint condition and just need a quick hover and wipe down with a damp microfibre.

So, onto the afterwards....

AGE_3513 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3512 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3516 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3518 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3520 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3521 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3524 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3527 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3528 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3541 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3543 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3545 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3546 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3547 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3550 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3529 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3531 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3533 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3532 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3534 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3535 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3537 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3538 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Wow! Those must be the best pics yet! Certainly the best I've seen. It looks great, hope you're enjoying it! :)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #987 on: 15 September 2013, 09:10 »
Norbreck - don't know what to say.  Lost for words. Stunning!

You've raised the bar for the rest of us mere mortals!
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #988 on: 15 September 2013, 10:47 »
That is one stunning looking car I have to say... And this is coming from a fella who thinks white cars are on the decline lol
I really liked your detailing route, my own red gtd will be getting the same treatment soon arrival. Did you ask the dealer not to do any prep to the car?

Health to drive  :smiley:

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #989 on: 15 September 2013, 10:51 »
That is one stunning looking car I have to say... And this is coming from a fella who thinks white cars are on the decline lol
I really liked your detailing route, my own red gtd will be getting the same treatment soon arrival. Did you ask the dealer not to do any prep to the car?

Health to drive  :smiley:

Yes, no prep. To be honest he's used to me by now as we have purchased 6 VW's from them, and all of them have not been prep'd by them.

I know we have all see photos before of the GTI/GTD's, so sorry for posting so many (especially as they seem to be arriving thick and fast at the moment), but it was hard to contain myself yesterday.  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras